EVENT URRF 9 June 9, 10 & 11 2023 Potter NY Registration is open.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know it’s still early, but is there any info to share concerning how the rain forecast is going to affect access to the field?

Hi Team. This URRF 9 should be the best we have had starting with the weather.

The weather for URRF 9 is looking great. No crops are planted at all yet so the field conditions couldn't be better. The temperatures are really nice as well cool not hot. The field layout is set up really nice with 5 separate locations to launch M impulse and above to accommodate the large number of BFR's and impulses. Also 2 hydraulic towers. We have a dedicated front row area for the BRF flyers.

The entire field has brand new launch rails,

Our 17 member URRF committee has been busy since Tuesday setting the field up. We do have a few slots left to volunteer and don't forget we have a volunteer only raffle in addition to our regular raffle.

The Saturday night banquet 1 mile from the field is all set and only a small number of tickets left so if you want to attend the banquet as well Id make sure to register on the field early Friday.

If you want to tent camp no need for a reservation, we have dedicated locations for the rocketeers to join us. Drop me a tex or call my numbers on the URRG.us web site.

Hope to see you all there. The full-Scale patriot missile is looking to fly about Noonish Saturday. Don't miss that.

You can't make this stuff up. :cool:

Larry W

We were on the field all day getting ready for tomorrow Fridays opening. The weather and temps are good earlier in the week we did have some smoke but it has been clearing up every day. We had a lot of flyers show up and get their tents up and spots reserved. We open at 9 am tomorrow and a flyers meeting at 945. Its go time and a lot of big rockets scheduled to go up. All the vendors are in place and that BBC food vendor will be making the smoke we all love early in the day tomorrow. The camp ground is full of flyers. It doesn't get better. See you all tomorrow.

Saturday was really great tons of BFR flights weather was perfect.
Dans Full size patriot went up just after lunch.
The banquet was a blast and Steve Gregorski put on a really good presentation on some really cool rocketry projects he has invented with a projector presentation of them in use. Everyone was glued to it.

Steve comes up with stuff you've never seen and sugar motors he's got it down.

Looking forward to Sunday I am just getting my coffee and heading down to the field. See you all there for another great day.

What a killer smokin launch..
Mann,
'URRF just does not disappoint..
Year after year..
You want a fantastic time ??
You want to bring a young person to an event they'll remember forever ??

URRF..

Teddy

Great shot. Is this a screen grab from a pad video camera or do you have a still camera set to activate on liftoff?
It was a screenshot from my phone. I tape it to a stick and mount into the ground to act as a temporary pad camera.

Back