Unable to see in OpenRocket when plotting flight.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Whenever I press "plot" for a sim, the graph appears put remains invisible. I know that it appears because I'm unable to click on any other part of the OpenRocket program unless I click "esc" on keyboard and exit the graph. Does anyone know the fix to this?

I've tried restarting the program, my laptop, and reinstalling openrocket.

Whenever I press "plot" for a sim, the graph appears put remains invisible. I know that it appears because I'm unable to click on any other part of the OpenRocket program unless I click "esc" on keyboard and exit the graph. Does anyone know the fix to this?

I've tried restarting the program, my laptop, and reinstalling openrocket.
I'd suggest that you post the .ork file here so we can pull up the file.

FWIW: Huge Rocket at over 14 feet tall... I'm getting "bug reports" and errors.

Let's go back to basics to figure out what the issue is. Instead of making a rocket from scratch, pull up an example rocket from the menu, such as "a simple model rocket" Then see if you can see the plot function with it.

I opened the "simple model rocket" and "two-stage rocket" examples and both can't use plot. When I click "plot," this screen appears, where the graph doesn't show up but I can't click other buttons like "close" unless I press "esc" and close the invisible graph.
1685454226789.png

Which release of OR are you using?

Older releases had a bug with certain dialog boxes opening in a phantom second monitor. I don't remember the details beyond that - but the issue is supposed to be resolved on the new version.

Which release of OR are you using?

Older releases had a bug with certain dialog boxes opening in a phantom second monitor. I don't remember the details beyond that - but the issue is supposed to be resolved on the new version.
I'm running the 22.02 version. Never had a problem with it until this week, which was when I used a second monitor to do a presentation with OpenRocket, and then after unplugging the monitor, it doesn't work anymore. I don't have access to that same monitor anymore, but I've tried plugging another one in and the window still doesn't show up.

Last edited:
Last edited:
The plot window disappearing is a bug that should be patched in the next release.

If at any point you can't retrieve your windows, even with the alt+space and click hack, you can reset your preferences:
1685487538219.png
Drawback: you will lose all your custom preferences (recent design files, unit preferences etc.).

Latest posts

Back