Two New Kit offerings from Estes

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will you be flying it on Saturday?

One medium sized scout group using 1/8" rods and one small school group flying TARC-lite models off of the 1/4" rods with egg payload and E12-4 motor.

Should be very manageable, but lots of launches.

My Goblin is painted (but I did not do the black fin....) and could fly if I have the time.

A lot of club members are planning to attend and chat about NARAM at the Jack-In-The-Box after the launch.

I'm still not sure what I am doing.....outside of working insane hours currently. I need to find out when my lead is going out on medical for shoulder surgery. That will impact my workload......

Yes.

The first Estes catalog it appeared in was 1972 (The 'landscape' printed one).

Here's a picture of the 'new' Estes Goblin kit. Built and ready to fly. :wink:

First of all; praise the Rocket Gods that Estes has chose to use balsa nose cones and reducers for the SLV, I hope this is the beginning of the end of the “Universal Plastic Nose Cone” selection that shows up and everybody’s kits. Often times made from some type of plastic that make painting them akin to painting an ice cube.

On the downside; for a kit that is supposed to represent a “Scale” launch vehicle the ogive/pointy nose cone supplied just doesn’t work for me.

Needs something roundy or blunt; similar to those used on the pods. But that’s just my opinion and it sure won’t stop me from getting one. . .or two.

Finally, the HoJo's back on the coming soon page...

[h=2]007240 - Honest John Description[/h]Skill Level 3
A highly sought after scale kit has returned to Estes! You asked and we listened. More scale kits and this is just the beginning. The 1/14 scale surface-to-surface missile has kick off the launch pad and is a very high flying rocket! You can expect around 1400 feet of HIGH altitude with the Honest John when powered by an E12-6. You will be pleased with the high quality parts in this kit and it needs to be a part of your collection.

[h=2]Additional Information[/h]
Technical SpecificationsSkill Level 3
Length: 22.9 in. (58.2 cm)
Diameter: 1.64 in. (42 mm)
Estimated Weight: 4.4 oz. (124.7 g)
Laser cut Wood Fins, Waterslide Decal, 15 in. (38.1 cm) Parachute Recovery
Recommended Engines: C11-3, D12-5 (First Flight), *E9-6, *E12-6
Projected Max Altitude: 1400 ft. (427 m)

Will you be flying it on Saturday?

One medium sized scout group using 1/8" rods and one small school group flying TARC-lite models off of the 1/4" rods with egg payload and E12-4 motor.

Should be very manageable, but lots of launches.

My Goblin is painted (but I did not do the black fin....) and could fly if I have the time.

I flew the new Estes Goblin kit this past Saturday.

Only used a B6-4 motor but the model performed just fine. :)

SCRA Launch 06-27-15-002 New Estes Goblin kit awaiting launch.jpg

SCRA Launch 06-27-15-004 Goblin liftoff!.jpg

SCRA Launch 06-27-15-005 Goblin away!.jpg

SCRA Launch 06-27-15-006 Goblin climbs above the trees.jpg

Back