Tripoli Wisconsin TWA - Bong - October 8th, 2022

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rfjustin

Reaction score
Tripoli Wisconsin TWA - Bong - October 8th, 2022

Are you coming? Any flight plans?

I've got a single J-800T I'd like to send up, otherwise take some photos and hang out for a bit. :)

Great day at Bong with some challenging conditions to contend with. Winds from the west south west were semi-welcome as that meant no rockets (mostly no rockets) went towards the tree stands to the south and most all recoveries were deep across the prairie. Other than the winds, the weather was cool, the sun warm, and the skies clear blue all day.

I was able to pull off (4) flights on (5) motors, flying E/F/G/H/I with the I/G being a 2-stage, and (5) recoveries. Couldn't be happier with todays flying and thank you to TWA for always having a great launch.

Thank you to Justin as well for helping me by recovering my booster while I concentrated on the sustainer.

Not being local (or even close) to the site, I am surprised to see sparky's. I guess things are wetter/not as dry as they look? Just asking as I am a left coaster where its hard to set dirt on fire (even if the residence of the state find other ways to burn it to the ground).

Not being local (or even close) to the site, I am surprised to see sparky's. I guess things are wetter/not as dry as they look? Just asking as I am a left coaster where its hard to set dirt on fire (even if the residence of the state find other ways to burn it to the ground).
Pretty much, not as dry as it looks in the pics. The TWA folks run a pretty tight ship and do things proper including having water extinguishers at each pad bank.

Yeah it was all green and moist from the overnight frost. Things have begun drying out up here but most everything that I was bushwhacking through for my recoveries was still alive.

Back