Tripoli Vegas Oktoberfest

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moto-Joe Inc. will be happy to contribute to the raffle. If someone can, alter the webpage - Giant Leap won't be there but Moto-Joe Inc. will be. Long story....Planning to leave the Aerotech sales to Bill with Balsa Machining Services, just bringing some Cesaroni to tease/entice/solicit orders for Springfest. Still working out the details but thinking the Saturn V will take flight, along with our Patriot on an L800 Skid and probably a few other projects Jon Skuba has cooked up.

Long Live MotoJoe-Inc ! Glad GLR is in your rear-view (hopefully eating your lakebed dust)

Can you support a CTI Cert special ? Two of my fellow fliers are going to attempt an L2 .

Is someone onsite administering the TRA test ?

Kenny

Last edited:
As a visiting Prefect, I can proctor/test TRA L1's and L2's. I'll bring my briefcase. As a CTI rep., we can offer Certification Specials for One's and Two's; haven't worked out details for Three's yet.

Last edited:
As a visiting Prefect, I can proctor/test TRA L1's and L2's. I'll bring my briefcase. As a CTI rep., we can offer Certification Specials for One's and Two's; haven't worked out details for Three's yet.

Will let FyrWrxz Dave and WeFly2 Clarence know to get things moving ...

What is the best way for them to contact you to confirm stock on a certain load or case ?

Also any thoughts on a motor suggestion for our Funk Saucer drag race ?

Kenny

email probably best way joe at moto-joe dot com or phone same as it was before 303 859 9728 although work conditions don't always allow me to answer, but it goes into voice message mode and I eventually respond.
As for the saucers, five or six of anything similar is going to be a tough one this time out but Mark flew his traffic cone on the Aerotech H45 which was awesome but those are plugged motors so no ejection which means tumble recovery for a saucer? probably not good. Maybe depends on how much they weigh but two grain 38mm H123 Sparkies would be kool but since I don't know any details about the saucers other than they are supposed to be roundish in shape and sluggish in flight...are they 29mm or 38mm or 54mm mounts? Devil in the details.

email probably best way joe at moto-joe dot com or phone same as it was before 303 859 9728 although work conditions don't always allow me to answer, but it goes into voice message mode and I eventually respond.
As for the saucers, five or six of anything similar is going to be a tough one this time out but Mark flew his traffic cone on the Aerotech H45 which was awesome but those are plugged motors so no ejection which means tumble recovery for a saucer? probably not good. Maybe depends on how much they weigh but two grain 38mm H123 Sparkies would be kool but since I don't know any details about the saucers other than they are supposed to be roundish in shape and sluggish in flight...are they 29mm or 38mm or 54mm mounts? Devil in the details.

I flew mine at ROCstock with H45 ..perfect . They are 14 inches in diameter and weigh in at 11 oz ...Class1 Rocketry

One guy in the race has (3) Pro38 I55 Mellows ..so we would like to go with those

Kenny

Picture a dark basement, dripping water, musty smells, dust everywhere, and a pile of unbuilt rockets. That is the build pile I dug into today and found an Art Applewhite 29mm Saucer! Might have to build the darned thing and fly it in the drag race, say with a G76G? We will SEE who will be first off the pad!

Joe any word from Lawndartman?? if he's not elk hunting I hope he comes out!

my saucer is in the process of a custom paintjob via Marian! (shes been into coloring since the cancer crap)

I'll bring the cone too..

not sure what else im bringing but for sure Im bringing my Mac Performance 4" radial flier.. "Mean streak Version 7.0" 4" diam 75mm hole... Hummm.....

Sounds like there are six of the I55 Mellows in the saucer race - at least I'm bringing three for KenRico. Stickershock, let me know what you what to fill that hole in the "Mean Streak"- hopefully we can help. Haven't heard a work from Lawndartman but I'm figuring the Elk are busy avoiding him and Keith. Dave Way moved to the front range (Evans, near Greeley) so I'm not sure what his plans are - he was working fourteen part-time jobs or the equivalent hours there of to help pay for his Westy modifications.

Sounds like there are six of the I55 Mellows in the saucer race - at least I'm bringing three for KenRico. Stickershock, let me know what you what to fill that hole in the "Mean Streak"- hopefully we can help. Haven't heard a work from Lawndartman but I'm figuring the Elk are busy avoiding him and Keith. Dave Way moved to the front range (Evans, near Greeley) so I'm not sure what his plans are - he was working fourteen part-time jobs or the equivalent hours there of to help pay for his Westy modifications.

We are ready for a Funk Saucer drag race ... I had committed to 3 motors to Wildman West so 6 saucers 9 motors ..Clarence and I both want an extra I55 to bring home -Mark mentioned flying his cone again..hopefully we can hustle him into the last extra. You don't hear drag race and mellows too often together !

We also have 2 cert possibilities .. Jim Waters, Clarence wants to know what motor you are using in the Cool Fin rocket ? Both guys want to fly Js and Ks but need to cert first ..they can quiz each other on the way up .

Oh and hey ViprFixr ..are you going to grab one of these I55 and borrow my Funk Saucer 1.0 prototype (the one Mark saw fly at the last SpringFest) to drag race with us or do I need to put the touch on Stealth6 to participate ??

Kenny

My P project at Balls did not recover. So no O for Octoberfest, sadly. I'll try to get another rocket ready for Springfest. But, I will still be there with plenty of smaller EX motors. Come by and hit me up for a motor if you want. Hope to be out early Saturday morning. See you on the playa.

Derek

We are ready for a Funk Saucer drag race ... I had committed to 3 motors to Wildman West so 6 saucers 9 motors ..Clarence and I both want an extra I55 to bring home -Mark mentioned flying his cone again..hopefully we can hustle him into the last extra. You don't hear drag race and mellows too often together !

We also have 2 cert possibilities .. Jim Waters, Clarence wants to know what motor you are using in the Cool Fin rocket ? Both guys want to fly Js and Ks but need to cert first ..they can quiz each other on the way up .

Oh and hey ViprFixr ..are you going to grab one of these I55 and borrow my Funk Saucer 1.0 prototype (the one Mark saw fly at the last SpringFest) to drag race with us or do I need to put the touch on Stealth6 to participate ??

Kenny
I may take 2 of the I55's to replace what I'm flying at ROC the week before. Viperfixer needs to see me for a donation and I believe we need to drag (heh-heh-get it?) Stealth6 into the mix. He can core sample a saucer all he wants! (Sorry-Dave! Just trying to get a rise outta ya!)

Still working out details for our Saturn V launch. Wondering how long of a 1515 rail might be available? M650 central with 4 K185's needing more than eight feet of rail.

I am pretty sure he has a few 15/15's and they bolt together but someone else should chime in to be sure ... CURT??

My P project at Balls did not recover. So no O for Octoberfest, sadly. I'll try to get another rocket ready for Springfest. But, I will still be there with plenty of smaller EX motors. Come by and hit me up for a motor if you want. Hope to be out early Saturday morning. See you on the playa.

Derek

Bummer. on the O motor at balls...

JUST A NOTE Im going in monday for cataracts surgery so I'll be down a couple days.. then its time to leave for the launch

so if anyone needs something for the launch please get ahold of me NOW so I can have them for you!

thanks

Kenny

I may take 2 of the I55's to replace what I'm flying at ROC the week before. Viperfixer needs to see me for a donation and I believe we need to drag (heh-heh-get it?) Stealth6 into the mix. He can core sample a saucer all he wants! (Sorry-Dave! Just trying to get a rise outta ya!)

So I seem to be getting recruited into the saucer drag race. Fine by me but..............

* still not 100% sure I'm making it to the launch - I'd say we are at about 94% right now though, so looking pretty likely.

* I do not own a saucer, nor will I have time to build one before this launch - it sounds like I would be borrowing someone's yes? whose? what's the deal? Heck, I've never even flown a saucer - any tips on doing so?

* I also assume I would need to purchase one of the I55's, yes? I've no problem with doing so, assuming one is made available.

* Tell me whatever else I need to know - never participated in one of these drag races before; anything I need to know? What else do I need to prepare? What bits will I need to have on hand (recovery/igniter/etc./etc.)?

Either way, it sounds like "a good time will be had by all",
s6

Is the saucer drag race limited to a certain size or type of saucer? I just remembered that I have a saucer that I have not flown in years. It is an old Art AppleWhite 12" 38mm saucer. Also is everyone using the same motor for the drag race?

...Fudd

Is the saucer drag race limited to a certain size or type of saucer? I just remembered that I have a saucer that I have not flown in years. It is an old Art AppleWhite 12" 38mm saucer. Also is everyone using the same motor for the drag race?

...Fudd
I don't think there is any problem with you getting in the saucer drag race. Viperfixr is also bring a Art Applewhite 29mm. The more the better.
Right Kenny?
Jim

I have one loaner right now..thought Viperfixr was going to use..but if he wants to use his Applewhite that frees up the spare for Stealth6 .

Jim the parts are done , wrapped mmt, dome, fin vanes...but am putting together ..which is first pass finishing, assemble, fillets putty paint dome and fillets .

Not hard but i dont want you to have to paint it after assembly

Hey Fudd..think we are all using I55 mellows except for Viperfixr ..with a smaller mmt . I am picking up 3 from Wildman West this weekend and MotoJoe has some also.

Kenny

Attachments

• 1444332550089.jpg
    1444332550089.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I have one loaner right now..thought Viperfixr was going to use..but if he wants to use his Applewhite that frees up the spare for Stealth6 .

Jim the parts are done , wrapped mmt, dome, fin vanes...but am putting together ..which is first pass finishing, assemble, fillets putty paint dome and fillets .

Not hard but i dont want you to have to paint it after assembly

Hey Fudd..think we are all using I55 mellows except for Viperfixr ..with a smaller mmt . I am picking up 3 from Wildman West this weekend and MotoJoe has some also.

Kenny

I was just reminder by Dave, that right now Tripole Vegas only has 4 pads for I motors and rails. Are all the saucers to be used rail or rod?
Jim

The Funk Saucers all have 1010 acme rail guides .

I can bring my rail and rockwell jaw stand pad .. maybe CaveDuck can bring his also

Kenny

Still working out details for our Saturn V launch. Wondering how long of a 1515 rail might be available? M650 central with 4 K185's needing more than eight feet of rail.

Posted on Yahoo today by

Roy Polmanteer

Today at 8:27 AM

I can bring the tower that I have with either 12 or 18 feet of 1515, just let me know.

So I seem to be getting recruited into the saucer drag race. Fine by me but..............

* still not 100% sure I'm making it to the launch - I'd say we are at about 94% right now though, so looking pretty likely.

* I do not own a saucer, nor will I have time to build one before this launch - it sounds like I would be borrowing someone's yes? whose? what's the deal? Heck, I've never even flown a saucer - any tips on doing so?

* I also assume I would need to purchase one of the I55's, yes? I've no problem with doing so, assuming one is made available.

* Tell me whatever else I need to know - never participated in one of these drag races before; anything I need to know? What else do I need to prepare? What bits will I need to have on hand (recovery/igniter/etc./etc.)?

Either way, it sounds like "a good time will be had by all",
s6

Funk Saucer is so easy, even Fyrwrxz Dave can fly it

Drill the motor as close to zero as possible, take out the charge if convenient

Slide the motor in ...tape the motor top that extends past the saucer MMT like a motor stop .. RTF

There should be a couple of extra I55s between what were bringing and MotoJoes inventory .. BMS says they have three H45s also

MARK is the one to thank for this .. I was CHICKEN to fly a long burn in these til I saw his traffic cone fly on the H45.

Kenny

18 feet would be better than 12 - thank you Roy! That is, if you're reading this thread.

Back