Tripoli Vegas Oktoberfest

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did I mention the sparky O motor I'm bringing? Hoping for a dusk launch to 10K. That is, assuming I get the rocket back after the P motor attempt at Balls.

You always bring the kind !

Kenny

Always tentative for me but............................it's looking likely that I will be there.

My last launch (other than a couple of solo "cowboy launch" days) was Springfest. IF I make it to this one, hopefully I'll have more luck and less destruction/injury/etc. this time around. I'm pretty much planning to fly all the rockets and motors I didn't get to fly at Springfest, and my Punisher should be rebuilt and ready to try again with. For those of you who will be out on the lakebed, perhaps a friendly reminder to me along the lines of "did you arm your altimeter?" before the launch button is pressed would be in order.

Crossing fingers, and trying to carve a hole in my schedule,
s6

Okay, the club meeting today finalized a few details. Bottom line: it is on!

- Noon Friday to 2pm Sunday
- Expect the normal 7k AGL waiver with call-ins to 14k AGL; we could get more, but will not know until the day of
- $10 a day or $25 for the weekend, per person; this covers the $5/day per person BLM fees as well
- Night launches to 5k AGL Friday and Saturday night
- Potluck Saturday at 6pm
- Porta potties will be club provided, but it is a lake bed (bring sunscreen, hats, lots of water, etc), so be ready for it
- There will be a raffle, but it will likely be one, big prize and a few small ones--details TBD
- Two vendors expected; Balsa Machining for Aerotech motors/reloads and Rocketjoe13 (above) from CO with CTI--pre-order for whatever you need or purchase on site
- We are a Tripoli Prefecture, so TRA certifications are easy...but NAR cert needs will require prior coordination

As expected in the late summer, the weather on the lakebed today was almost no wind at all, nice temps and beautiful...next month it will be even better!

Hi all
AccuWeather forcast for Jean, NV Oct 16 to 18 Sunny, Highs, low 80, Lows, low 60.
See you all there.
Jim

Hi all
AccuWeather forcast for Jean, NV Oct 16 to 18 Sunny, Highs, low 80, Lows, low 60.
See you all there.
Jim

Thanks Jim.. we would also like to requesr NO wind ...

Should be a good Night Launch also !

Kenny

Always tentative for me but............................it's looking likely that I will be there.

My last launch (other than a couple of solo "cowboy launch" days) was Springfest. IF I make it to this one, hopefully I'll have more luck and less destruction/injury/etc. this time around. I'm pretty much planning to fly all the rockets and motors I didn't get to fly at Springfest, and my Punisher should be rebuilt and ready to try again with. For those of you who will be out on the lakebed, perhaps a friendly reminder to me along the lines of "did you arm your altimeter?" before the launch button is pressed would be in order.

Crossing fingers, and trying to carve a hole in my schedule,
s6
Just for luck, I'll bring a shovel and leather gloves! You kniow the old saying-'when you don't have it is when you need it and when you drag it along you never use it'! Hope to see you out there. I can save you a spot unless you beat me out there. Just remind me to anchor my parachutes! Or fly any motors from strangers! LOL!

Just for luck, I'll bring a shovel and leather gloves! You kniow the old saying-'when you don't have it is when you need it and when you drag it along you never use it'! Hope to see you out there. I can save you a spot unless you beat me out there. Just remind me to anchor my parachutes! Or fly any motors from strangers! LOL!

Dave did you get that bullet proof window installed in your truck yet?? just sayin!

As long as all is still good with Marian we will be there too!

See you guys there!

Kenny
I got the 11 volt battery in the nose cone and a little on off switch. It is so bright, I can't wait to show you. I will be on the dry lake Thursday afternoon to help start setting up the equipment with some others of the Tripoli Vegas members.
NO wind or very little is the normal for October but no guarantees.
Jim

Glad it turned out well.. but you built it !

Will have to take a pic for my website ..after a successful flight of course

Kenny

Dave did you get that bullet proof window installed in your truck yet?? just sayin!

As long as all is still good with Marian we will be there too!

See you guys there!
Also removed sunroof and replaced with armour platiing. Hard hats required! ( I promise I won't tease Gary any more, hopefully he'll be there too~talk him into it!)

I want to go but I have not flown anything since the giant 20" long foam noodle rocket of death tried to target and take out Dave and he was only saved by his vehicle which must be a transformer and shielded him from impending doom. I can't take that chance anymore!!! At night when I am in the garage and it is quiet I swear I can hear my rockets whispering and planning something sinister again.

Hehehehe,,,,, actually I am planning on going. Alone or with wife tagging along again is unknown at this point as well as to what I am going to launch. I know I won't be launching any super dangerous window shattering lightweight foam noodles this time.

...Gary

I want to go but I have not flown anything since the giant 20" long foam noodle rocket of death tried to target and take out Dave and he was only saved by his vehicle which must be a transformer and shielded him from impending doom. I can't take that chance anymore!!! At night when I am in the garage and it is quiet I swear I can hear my rockets whispering and planning something sinister again.
"

Hehehehe,,,,, actually I am planning on going. Alone or with wife tagging along again is unknown at this point as well as to what I am going to launch. I know I won't be launching any super dangerous window shattering lightweight foam noodles this time.

...Gary
"Phew- what a relief!" I see most everybody has forgotten the 205 lb exo-atmospheric 5 stage test vehicle that transonically transformed my window into pretty glass gravel. Last I heard it left a mimum dia hole in the lake bed and was still heading for China. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

...Gary

I hate when my rockets plot without me....

See you there!

Oh and dont be a wussie.. I see a 10 foot tall fanoodle of death in your near future!

Okay guys- I know there is at least 5 Funk Saucers that Kenny has built and I'm pretty sure at least 4 are going to show up at the launch. Drag Race? Motor size? Mine has a 38 in it and looked very cool on a sparky.

Okay guys- I know there is at least 5 Funk Saucers that Kenny has built and I'm pretty sure at least 4 are going to show up at the launch. Drag Race? Motor size? Mine has a 38 in it and looked very cool on a sparky.

THAT would be cool, five saucers at once! I would buy a Polecat Wocket just to participate, but they've been out of stock for a good long while.

THAT would be cool, five saucers at once! I would buy a Polecat Wocket just to participate, but they've been out of stock for a good long while.

I can bring an extra for you to fly..or if hellbent on purchasing can get one started for you .

Kenny

Damn. All my money/time is going into my Mad Dog 6 build right now. If there are any in October, maybe it is time to finally get one.

Ok..will do..

Will loan Viperfixr my prototype and we can drag race 6 of them !

Kenny

Hi Kenny,
Due to limited fund-age & time, we can only stay for 1 night for Oktoberfest... :(
Any rough ETA on the drag race?
Would totally love to see it, so I'm hoping to be able to plan for it.
Thanks!
-Joyce

Ok..will do..

Will loan Viperfixr my prototype and we can drag race 6 of them !

Kenny

Hi Kenny,
Due to limited fund-age & time, we can only stay for 1 night for Oktoberfest... :(
Any rough ETA on the drag race?
Would totally love to see it, so I'm hoping to be able to plan for it.
Thanks!
-Joyce

There are no definite time right now..we are flexible , saucers are a quick prep :)

Will have to get a vote of day , night or dusk launch ??

Kenny

My vote, dusk Launch. What about after the pot luck on Sat. Say sometime between 6 to 6:30 pm.
Jim
Just 3 weeks to launch.

If you did not see it above, it looks like Stickershock23 and his lovely bride will be there. Awesome, and a chance to see Marian and give her a "screw cancer" hug! Oh yeah, and see Mark.

We will also have raffle prizes! Primary prize is a Madcow fiberglass 3" Frenzy XL kit. Secondaries still being gathered, but include so far a Madcow Mini-Squat, a Madcow Mini-DX3, 12 & 18" Madcow chute protectors and a 30" Madcow recovery harness protector. I am sure there will be more, this is just the beginning. And a big Thank You to Madcow for being so supportive of Tripoli Vegas!

Did I mention that the high temp later this week will be 89F? It is finally starting to cool off. October will be amazing.

Back