Tools?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjh1

Reaction score
I these card stock models fascinating. Are there any tools available to make my own?

I assume when you say "make my own," you mean design the parts templates, correct? Yes; people sometimes design paper models using programs like Powerpoint to make the templates (usually for simpler models). For more complex models, standard practice is to find or create a 3D computer model, then use a program to "unwrap" it, leaving you with 2D templates. I think the program is called Pepakura.
I'm sure someone much more experienced than I will be able to give you more advice.
Good luck! :)

Pepakura is a nice start but since I don't have anything to make the 3D model :(

Pepakura is a nice start but since I don't have anything to make the 3D model :(

Check out Blender. It's a free 3D modelling and animation program. You can use Blender to create .obj files that Pepakura can read.

Leaning Blender is challenging. But, it's a powerful program.

-- Roger

I do all mine in CorelDraw. It's not a free program, but if you shop for an older version (or an academic version) you can usually get a good deal.

I use MS Publisher, My old Geometric book, Calculator and of course google :D, i started with exist model that i download then i start my from scratch

I desinged 2 models, Redstone Mercury and Zenit 2M.

Latest posts

Back