Thoughts and Comments on Current Russian,Ukrainian Conflict/War

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vladimir Putin has been elected to a fifth term, surprise surprise.
Yes. Apparently there was one regional constituency where he didn't achieve the majority vote. No doubt there'll be some serious consequences for the local electoral commissioners - most likely a fall from a 15th floor or fatal poisoning... whatever it is, their life expectancy would be in the months.

TP

Not quite Russia-Ukraine related, but since Russia is placing the blame on Ukraine, more or less about the attack on the music hall in Moscow, killing 120 folks.
I have questioned for quite some time,Russias ability to “capture” the perpetrators so quickly, often within minutes to hours after the deed has been done.
Is this realistic, or is it largely, hey, this person looks good, let’s announce he/she did it and carry on, no one the wiser.

i would say that depends on the aggressiveness of the police response and how much the perpetrators expect or want to get out alive. I would call Russian involvement possible but unlikely. I would think they’d try to organize an attack in Ukrainian territory, or perhaps somewhere farther west.

I saw yesterday that Raytheon just received a $1.2 billion contract to produce Patriot missiles. Which made me wonder why their stock was down Friday.
Because that information was already known and baked into the stock price before Friday.

If you want to make money in the stock market just buy the stocks and options key members of congress make. By law they have to disclose their trades within 45 days of purchase.

For example, Paul and Nancy Pelosi outperform 99.9% of all professional mutual fund and money managers.

Last edited:
I don’t believe in the false flag theory at all. ISIS did it. But I think Russia is going to try to blame it on Ukraine in some way.
That's already happening even though they were ethnically Kazakhs and they seem to have entered the country through Belarus. Russia's news release was that the perpetrators were intending to pass through a "window" that was prepared for them at the Ukrainian border, despite that border being fortified on both sides and anyone crossing it is likely to get blown up.

Oh, and multiple sources report that during/after the attack, the response time from the LOCAL police department was... ONE HOUR AND FORTY MINUTES. Riiight. That's not at all suspicious.

That's already happening even though they were ethnically Kazakhs and they seem to have entered the country through Belarus. Russia's news release was that the perpetrators were intending to pass through a "window" that was prepared for them at the Ukrainian border, despite that border being fortified on both sides and anyone crossing it is likely to get blown up.

Oh, and multiple sources report that during/after the attack, the response time from the LOCAL police department was... ONE HOUR AND FORTY MINUTES. Riiight. That's not at all suspicious.

So the Kremlin idea is that it’s an ISIS attack, aided by Ukraine? It doesn’t seem likely to me.

Maybe everyone was in on it — ISIS, Ukraine, AND Russia— and they all see some benefit. Ukraine aided ISIS across the border, and Russia allowed the attack to happen. Ukraine gets dead Russians and more instability inside Russia with plausible deniability. ISIS gets to claim credit for striking back at Russia for whatever they are mad about. And Russia gets pretext for continuing the Ukraine war and operations against ISIS in various places. It’s a win-win-win! I actually don’t go in for this level of conspiracy theory, but even if it didn’t happen this way, the different parties involved may each get a useful narrative out of the atrocity.

About that response time, maybe the fired Uvalde cops got new jobs in Moscow?

Seams like a dubious claim (outperform 99.9% - really?).
Any references to substantiate that assertion?

Or just spreading the hate on women in congress?
Its all love. Very impressive woman and Paul! Much better than Cramer. Spreading shade on Jim.

Pelosi– racked up a 65% return on her stocks portfolio in 2023 – more than double the S&P 500’s 24% gain, according to a new analysis from stock-trading data site Unusual Whales. No mutual fund outperformed her, see table below.

Pelosi wasn’t alone, with other options-happy members of Congress among the top-performing investors. Those included Rep. Mark Green (R-Tenn.), who logged a return of more than 122%; and Rep. Josh Gottheimer (D-NJ), who was up more than 25%.

Find a mutual fund that gained more that 65% in 2023, then divide that count by the number of mutual funds. I'll wait. Maybe there are some.

Edit: Upon further research the 99.9% number may be too LOW.

Screenshot from 2024-03-24 13-58-41.png

Last edited:
Its all love. Very impressive woman and Paul!

Love or hate, please site your sources to validate extraordinary claims.
Regardless of your political leanings.

Find a mutual fund that gained more that 65% in 2023, then divide that count by the number of mutual funds. I'll wait. Maybe there are some.
Edit: Upon further research the 99.9% number may be too LOW.

It's the responsibility of the person making extraordinary claims to substantiate them, not the other way around.
Still nothing to underpin "outperform 99.9% of all professional mutual fund and money managers" assertion ...

You know, if you have inside information, it is definitely possible to clean-up in the stock market. I know people who have done it, but I am not going to mention any names. It is not hard for me to believe that members of congress have done well in the stock market. I am surprised that anyone would doubt this.

You know, if you have inside information, it is definitely possible to clean-up in the stock market. I know people who have done it, but I am not going to mention any names. It is not hard for me to believe that members of congress have done well in the stock market. I am surprised that anyone would doubt this.
And its bipartisan! Who says congress is divided?

Members of Congress and certain other government officials should be prohibited from directly trading stocks, and should also be subject to insider trading laws when their positions give them access to non-public information that could affect share prices, just like corporate insiders are. Obviously, the outcome of legislation and regulation can affect share prices, and knowing those likely outcomes before the general public does is insider information. They should have to put their investments into blind trusts when they take office. But that’s all off-topic. Lets’s stick to the Ukraine war.

Because that information was already known and baked into the stock price before Friday.

If you want to make money in the stock market just buy the stocks and options key members of congress make. By law they have to disclose their trades within 45 days of purchase.

For example, Paul and Nancy Pelosi outperform 99.9% of all professional mutual fund and money managers.
I know that

This from today may be of interest given their street address is, "9 Boryspilska str., building 64, 02099 Kyiv, Ukraine".
And yes, there is a bit of discussion about the specific topic of this thread.

Is a 1 hour interview covering a number of aspects of the plastic model business.

The woman's village in Ukraine was just shelled by the Rooskies.

ukr.jpg

...apparently that's a universal symbol.

Back