Thoughts and Comments on Current Russian,Ukrainian Conflict/War

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
300 million is a drop, a very small drop in the bucket. I think a billion and a half would be a good start. The Senate sent the House a number close to that for Ukraine. As well as aid to Taiwan. But it was blocked by the House. On another note. I saw a video that said the Russians have figured out how to put a guidance kit on their dumb bombs. Their using between 500 kilos and 1500 kilo bombs. 1500 kilos is a big bomb. The collective West must speed up aid to Ukraine. Every day that they don't have what they need is causing people to die. If we had given them what they needed to win when Putin invaded. This War would have been over a long time ago. Now war fatigue is setting in here. I think the EU and it's members are doing a good job getting aid to Ukraine because Putin wining in Ukraine means they will be in danger.

I agree. Its a partisan issue in the USA, its existential for us.

I agree too, and I can’t express how INFURIATED I am over this.

There’s an effort to sidestep the obstruction on the military aid bill in the House. A discharge petition was filed yesterday, and if it can receive 218 signatures out of the 435-member House, the bill can bypass the Speaker, advance to the floor, and have a vote. If there’s a vote, it will almost certainly pass. It’s outrageous that it has come to procedural gimmicks, but here we are. I hope it succeeds.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us...h 12 (Reuters),for Ukraine, Israel and Taiwan.

Yep, and its probably not going to get better. UK, Germany, Poland, Finland, might want to start arming up.

Yep, and its probably not going to get better. UK, Germany, Poland, Finland, might want to start arming up.
Finland is an interesting case. They have a huge reserve force as most of the population does military training.
Here in the UK we’ve had months of military leaders, politicians, retired generals and European leaders talking about re-arming. The government did nothing to increase military spending in the recent budget announcement.

Poland might already have the most powerful army in Europe at this point. The others, I'm not so sure about.
Finland has been preparing since WWII. Here's a NATO video about what Finland offers to the Alliance. Also, other than Switzerland, Finland has the largest amount of underground bunkers for civilians. When Stalin invaded Finland in November 1939, he literally stepped on a hornets nest and the Finns have not forgotten what happened.

Finland has been preparing since WWII. Here's a NATO video about what Finland offers to the Alliance. Also, other than Switzerland, Finland has the largest amount of underground bunkers for civilians. When Stalin invaded Finland in November 1939, he literally stepped on a hornets nest and the Finns have not forgotten what happened.

Quote from a Finnish general during the Winter War: "We are such a small country. Where will we find space to bury them all?"

The saunas may make them look soft, but do not mess with the Finns.

Quote from a Finnish general during the Winter War: "We are such a small country. Where will we find space to bury them all?"

The saunas may make them look soft, but do not mess with the Finns.
I find that the hardest people are always the ones in the smallest country’s. (It’s why they haven’t been captured already)

Finland is an interesting case. They have a huge reserve force as most of the population does military training.
Here in the UK we’ve had months of military leaders, politicians, retired generals and European leaders talking about re-arming. The government did nothing to increase military spending in the recent budget announcement.
A follow-on post.
In this morning’s Daily Mail the Defence Secretary, Grant Shapps, is asking for an increase in defence spending to 3% of GDP. Its a crazy world when the Def Sec is making public statements like this less than 2 weeks after the Government made its annual budget statement.

Same mistake the Russians have been making for 100 years. Kill everybody who's figured out how to be significantly competent at organizing anything.
That power vacuum is a real problem. Maybe why petunia wasn't removed years ago. Also a big problem in other countries.

The French have a good military. (In the top 10 I believe)
Had...most ratings I saw when searching had them between 11 and 13, one source had them at 7, but that one was kind of an odd, they rank 23rd in active military personnel which IS NOT a good indicator of how powerful a military is, a few really good soldiers can make up for quite a few really bad one or ones with poor equipment. The lists that put France in the top 10s seem to be accounting for mainly NATO forces. The French may have a very good military, but by modern standards they may not have the mix of statistics that rate them high on the current lists.

Had...most ratings I saw when searching had them between 11 and 13, one source had them at 7, but that one was kind of an odd, they rank 23rd in active military personnel which IS NOT a good indicator of how powerful a military is, a few really good soldiers can make up for quite a few really bad one or ones with poor equipment. The lists that put France in the top 10s seem to be accounting for mainly NATO forces. The French may have a very good military, but by modern standards they may not have the mix of statistics that rate them high on the current lists.
I probably should have realized that the list was NATO…

Back