The "Blue Brant V/3" - Launch photos

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Javacat1

Reaction score
Howdy Y'all

Launched my Black brant V scale model out at TCVA on March 26th. It's a 0.3209 x scale of the Black Brant V sounding rocket based on data from Wallops Island and scale drawings from Rockets of the World. It weighed 11 pounds on the pad with an I255 motor and is my first launch after getting my jr level 1 cert from NAR. At 7' 5" tall and 5.54" in diameter, it's certainly the biggest I've ever built and flown. Altimeter data says the apogee was only 972 feet, but given the wind conditions, this was mostly expected.

DSC_4591.JPGDSC_4597.JPGDSC_4608.JPGDSC_4618.JPG

I'm planning on building a new base section to eventually do a 2-stage with the Taurus motor section in college. As you may be able to tell in the photos, there was a pretty significant spin on it which I found out on the ground was due to some fin misalignment, exacerbated by the high winds, so that should be fixed with the revision, along with making the space for a transition in the motor area.

Back