Tell some stories about junior certification.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have pics? If so :bravo:
Well, today I did a test flight with the goblin on a G78-4/L and everything went good until the ejection charge never shot out of the froward end and instead I could visually see it come out of the aft end? It came screaming down and smashed into the ground completely ruining the top portion of the airframe and leaving everything from the froward centering ring to the aft in mint condition. The cap on the end of the ejection well looked completely untouched and my Goblin is ruined (I will however make a attempt on cutting the airframe and putting another one from loc where the cut was made.) I flew another G79 that same day in my MDRM using the same technique with building the motor. I made sure about not touching the delay element and not getting anything on it during the building of the motor. Any ideas? And I do have some photos, I'll see if I can find them.

Well, today I did a test flight with the goblin on a G78-4/L and everything went good until the ejection charge never shot out of the froward end and instead I could visually see it come out of the aft end? It came screaming down and smashed into the ground completely ruining the top portion of the airframe and leaving everything from the froward centering ring to the aft in mint condition. The cap on the end of the ejection well looked completely untouched and my Goblin is ruined (I will however make a attempt on cutting the airframe and putting another one from loc where the cut was made.) I flew another G79 that same day in my MDRM using the same technique with building the motor. I made sure about not touching the delay element and not getting anything on it during the building of the motor. Any ideas? And I do have some photos, I'll see if I can find them.
I think you should start a thread for this. Because I have never heard of anything like this.

Ouch. Sorry to hear that.

Back