Jr HPR Cert Questions

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And out of the 4 CTI motors flown 3/4 CATO ed one of them being a M impulse “dual thrust”, that one completely melted the carbon fiber airframe. I think I know what brand i’m flying 😉

Well today went a lot different than expected. I actually ended up certifying for the TMP L1 on my MDRM clone. The mentor and one of the TAPS there said it was built good enough and I flew it on a AT H195 Blue Thunder trimmed down to a 10 second delay with a JLCR set to 400 feet. It was really windy hence why we used the JLCR but i’m certified now and right after I flew the MDRM again but this time on an G72 DM trimmed to a 6 second delay.
Congrats!

Well today went a lot different than expected. I actually ended up certifying for the TMP L1 on my MDRM clone. The mentor and one of the TAPS there said it was built good enough and I flew it on a AT H195 Blue Thunder trimmed down to a 10 second delay with a JLCR set to 400 feet. It was really windy hence why we used the JLCR but i’m certified now and right after I flew the MDRM again but this time on an G72 DM trimmed to a 6 second delay.
Congratulations!!! Welcome to high power! 😀

I don’t think you need a certificate but you do need permission from your parents and yes that is how it works though you do need a mentor that is the flier of record.
Ps I also am planning on getting my jr. cert.
Over here in the UK, you don't need a mentor. You just build the rocket, show up to the launch site and fire the thing. I have a friend 3 years older than me who's going for his jr. L2, and he's giving me advice on my L1.

Over here in the UK, you don't need a mentor. You just build the rocket, show up to the launch site and fire the thing. I have a friend 3 years older than me who's going for his jr. L2, and he's giving me advice on my L1.
I don’t suppose you have a spare room? :p

That’s definitely different than what we do 🤣, but otherwise in the US it’s still fairly easy to get your L1 by NAR or use a mentor with Tripoli (what I did). Now I plan on launching an I500 and a I205 with him in 2 weeks in my rockets. Mentor is the way to go for people in the US, or at least that’s my opinion.

That’s definitely different than what we do 🤣, but otherwise in the US it’s still fairly easy to get your L1 by NAR or use a mentor with Tripoli (what I did). Now I plan on launching an I500 and a I205 with him in 2 weeks in my rockets. Mentor is the way to go for people in the US, or at least that’s my opinion.
Over here the mentor thing isn't really official, it's more of a "ask him for advice" thing.

Back