Telemetrum v4.0

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgarbus

Reaction score
Hi all

Im look at the Telemetrum 4.0 and the TeleBT as part of my primary / redundant in a large project. Has anyone used the newest 4.0 version with the base station? Any opinions on the product? Has the tracking worked well?

The newest 4.0 version provides the same great functionalities as the previous revisions. The main difference is Bdale and Keith had to adapt to the silicon shortage and as parts became obsolete. I have tracked previous 3.0 versions as well as the 4.0 version and had great results with both. If you are curious about the specifics that change between versions, this table is included in Appendix G of the AltOS manual: 1712499478788.png

You can find the full manual here: https://altusmetrum.org/AltOS/doc/altusmetrum.html.

I love the AltusMetrum products, they are my go to flight computer and GPS tracking solution. While there is a bit of a learning curve, the features they provide are powerful and having an android/iOS app makes tracking much simpler than carrying a laptop out to the flight line/pad. All programming is done over a micro-usb connection with a computer program. The same program allows for simple data retrieval after flights and provides easy graphing options to read through your flight data. It will also export to csv if you prefer to view your data in a different way (excel, python, matlab, etc.)

You mention this is for a large project. One of the other great things with this system is multiple people can track the same TeleMetrum. When flying with friends, we will both jump on the same telemetry channel and both receive the data from the rocket. This is a nice insurance policy if something on the ground station end goes wild, I have had this save me once or twice (mostly due to user error).

Back