Sweet Hobby Lobby score

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evil ed

Reaction score
Raided the southside Indy Hobby Lobby last night. I got 2 Estes Rubicons for $9.35 each and an Ested 36D-Squared for $8.63. Gotta love those clearance isles.:cool:

I'm headed there in a few minutes, did you leave me any? :)

To confirm, HL has a specific aisle just for clearance items or are clearance items marked down and left in their same sections? I'll have to search for a clearance aisle the next time I walk into a HL.

To confirm, HL has a specific aisle just for clearance items or are clearance items marked down and left in their same sections? I'll have to search for a clearance aisle the next time I walk into a HL.

Look at the endcaps...

I have to admit, there's moments where you can pick up some incredible deals at H.L. Albeit, I think those days are becoming fewer and fewer . . .

With the dropping of Aerotech (in years past), them now loosing Quest, in not carrying the full line of Estes models (no Der Red Max's), increase, in motor prices, and no more 50% off coupons - I think the days will start becoming limited as to what they carry and what type of deals you can really get.

I have to admit I'm, personally, down to buying motors from them as long as they're As, Bs, Ds, or Es. Cs I'll now wait for a Blast Off pack from Michaels, or Wal-mart.

Most HL have the clearance secion along the wall or in the back corner. There can be multiple clearance sections (e.g., there is usually one devoted to fabrics/sewing). Also, (as Loopy said) check the end caps and sometimes there's a clearance table in the middle of the "main drag" aisle or a table near the registers.

I thing that local managers have flexibility in how they handle it. At our local HL I asked about a clearance aisle/corner/section and they said the clearance items are left in their proper section but labelled with a clearance tag...

I thing that local managers have flexibility in how they handle it. At our local HL I asked about a clearance aisle/corner/section and they said the clearance items are left in their proper section but labelled with a clearance tag...

I believe you have a point there.....

When we raided the HL in Little Rock last year we scarfed every clearance rocket kit they had, and some plastic models as well. These were all in their "Clearance Corner".

However, the HL in Conway keeps their clearance on the shelf with the regular merchandise. Discovered this when that half price Canadian Arrow kit jumped off the peghook and crawled into my cart.

On the same trip my girl friend found $3 yarn on clearance for 17 cents.

My advice...
Look everywhere!

Someone's getting a sweater for Xmas... :lol:

:rotflol:

Along with what AK was saying - I still get stuff from there quite often, and I don't think it's going down the toilet quite yet. 40% off coupons are still a pretty good deal for alot of these kits, and it's awesome for black powder motors. I get all my black powder motors (well, most of them anyway...it's sometimes hard to find boosters there) from hobby lobby during the 40% off coupon weeks. Stop at HL during lunch and get some motors, then again on the way home from work. Do that for a week, and I'm usually set for about half a season or so. This is the ONLY way I buy D and E black powder motors.

Back