Hobby Lobby has Free shipping for orders over $50 today

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BABAR

Builds Rockets for NASA
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
No, I don't get a kickback. Anyway, I tried ordering a while ago, said free shipping, got distracted, and when I went back the next day it was no longer free shipping, was like$12.
Went back to website today and was free again for over $50. I picked up some balsa sheets (6x36 inch, 1/8 and 3/16, $6.99 and $8.59 respectively) and some wooden dowels/ 3/16 x 36" $0.39 each). Maybe you can get better prices elsewhere, but for those that don't live by a Hobby Lobby (I do, but it's still a drive and a hassle, and with free shipping what's the point, except as @neil_w says you can hand pick your balsa, we'll see what I end up.) Anyhoo, if you don't live close to a Hobby Lobby, when the free shipping window opens (apparently it is on-again, off again) might be an option.

@Ronz Rocketz , @kuririn , not sure if this is offered in Hawaii, but there was nothing on the web page that says it WASN'T.

No, Hobby Lobby thinks Hawaii is a different country. And honestly, so does AC Supply. The LHS in Aiea has a good supply of balsa. Estes changed their policy so stores have to order $5000 each time and they don't do that much rocket business. The manager said they have a three year supply to last them including a bunch of Estes F50 and F26 motors they found in their warehouse. from 2018. We're getting close to distributing Aerotech motors including the G75DM that requires a Level 1 cert. Bwahaha!

1697598581766.png

I saw some E12s. Hopefully, they are from the batch that CATOs so often. I need the excitement.

Back