Hello from Southern KY.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wrightme43

It's much later than it seems.
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Edited for spelling. On a phone.

Hello, my name is Steve.
Getting back into rocketry because it is fun, challenging, and my children went nuts for it.
We have built out the education 12 pack of viking, alpha, and EX2, and a launch kit of Amazon, and SXT. We went thru 24 motors, and had very good success with recovery and relaunch. Over the last year we have lost most of the fleet. Lol. We ordered, the video rocket from estes, a athena for my 3 year old son, starship octavius for my 10 year old daughter, and long ranger for my 12 year old daughter. I got baby bertha and we built all those yesterday. I recently found apogee and have already placed two orders thru them.

I plan to build the speaker stand launch pad with the rail I saw on here last night.

Of course I ordered a Aspire with the intent of breaking the sound barrier and understand and have read the detailed instructions to do so.
I am studying rock-sim and will get it soon.

I am a accomplished woodworker and able to make accurate decorative joinery with .004 clearance repeatedly.

Some of you may know me from the tacoma forum, or from the miata forum or from reef aqaurium forums. I promise to be respectful, kind, and helpful. I am also a newly called preacher, and long time prayer warrior, and adult sunday school teacher. If you have a prayer request, or need prayer please PM me. I will never push my beliefs on anyone, but if you ask I will do everything in my power to help you, and appeal to God on your behalf.

I work in the Heavy Construction Equipment rental industry. I also handload rifle in 7.62x51 for accuracy and repeatability in my rifle.

I am married with 2 daughters and 1 son and have raised a step daughter, and 2 nieces.

Nice to meet you, I hope to learn alot here.

I also study spanish and can translate with lots of effort, but I am getting better everyday.

Attachments

• 20221226_201233.jpg
    20221226_201233.jpg
    9.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210531_174714.jpg
    20210531_174714.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210531_174736.jpg
    20210531_174736.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20190207_221728.jpg
    20190207_221728.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Hello, my name is Steve.
Getting back into rocketry because it is fun, challenging, and my children went nuts for it.
We have built out the education pack of viking, alpha, and EX2, and a launch kit of Amazon, and SXT. We went thru 24 motors, and had very good success with recovery and relaunch. Over the last year we have lost most of the fleet. Lol. We ordered, the video rocket from estes, a athena for my 3 year old son, starship octavius for my 10 year old daughter, and lobg ranger for my 12 year old daughter. I got baby bertha and we built all those yesterday. I recently found apogee and have already placed two orders thru them.

I plan to build the speaker stand launch pad with the rail I saw on here last night.

Of course I ordered a Aspire with the intent of breaking the aound barrier and understand and have read the detailed instructions to do so.
I am studying rocsim and will get it soon.

I am a accomplished woodworker and able to make accurate decrotive joinery with .004 clearance repeatedly.

Some of you may know me from the tacoma forum, or from the miata forum or from reef aqaurium forums. I promise to be respectful, kind, and helpful. I am also a newly called preacher, and long time prayer warrior, and adult sunday school teacher. If you have a prayer request, or need prayer please PM me. I will never push my beliefs on anyone, but if you ask I will do everything in my power to help you, and appeal to God on your behalf.

I work in the Heavy Construction Equipment rental industry. I also handload rifle in 7.62x51 for accuracy and repeatability in my rifle.

I am married with 2 daughters and 1 son and have raised a step daughter, and 2 nieces.

Nice to meet you, I hope to learn alot here.

I also study spanish and can translate with lots of effort, but I am getting better everyday.
You are very accomplished and you had/have a nice rocket fleet. I’m sure your contributions will be valuable.

:welcome:to the forum. Are you near Lake Cumberland? Thanks for the pictures very nice woodworking. Just remember the only two things we cannot discuss on this site is religion and politics. Post up some pictures of your rockets or the kids shooting them off for us.

:welcome:to the forum. Are you near Lake Cumberland? Thanks for the pictures very nice woodworking. Just remember the only two things we cannot discuss on this site is religion and politics. Post up some pictures of your rockets or the kids shooting them off for us.
I am in Scottsville, the place where Dollar General began. Its a tiny little place. We are near Bowling Green the home of the Corvette. Lake Cumberland is about 2 hours east. I am hoping to meet someone from BluesRocks club. I emailed them but no has responded as of yet. They meet the second Saturday near Elizabethtown so we may just drive up weekend after next. I will try to get some pictures or video of the kids. My wife always tells me to take more pictures.

I am in Scottsville, the place where Dollar General began. Its a tiny little place. We are near Bowling Green the home of the Corvette. Lake Cumberland is about 2 hours east. I am hoping to meet someone from BluesRocks club. I emailed them but no has responded as of yet. They meet the second Saturday near Elizabethtown so we may just drive up weekend after next. I will try to get some pictures or video of the kids. My wife always tells me to take more pictures.
Wow so the headquarters is not there?
Yes, more pictures please

Welcome!!! My Dad was from a farm near you, Fountain Run, so I still have cousins in the area (one has a farm S of Barren River State Resort Park and knew Cal Turner.) In fact two cousins live in Scottsville. Another near Tompkinsville. When I was growing up, I use to launch some Estes rockets on their land. I live near Indianapolis now, but have considered going to BluesRocks in E-town.
Again, welcome!!!

No sir its in Goodlettsville TN now, it was here, but as the plauge of a little dollar store every 4 miles spread across the country they moved to Goodlettsville TN. Just N. of Nashville.

I have been to Fountain Run mnay times. It is a neat little place.

We are hoping to go to Bluesrocks this month.

If anyone knows one of the members I would really appreciate a introduction.

Thank you all for the kind welcomes.

Hi Steve, I am Troy with Bluegrass Rocketry in Etown. We would love to see you and your family come out for a visit. The next launch is scheduled for the 12th. Sorry that we missed your email, I just went back and sure enough it was there.
We do most of our club business on our facebook group. Join us there for some build posts and other member happenings , and the most up to date info on launches and cancellations. Unfortunately the website isn’t the best place for info anymore.
https://m.facebook.com/groups/BluegrassRocketry/?ref=share&mibextid=S66gvF
Hope to see you soon!

Hello Troy, and thank you we are definitely planning to be there. The kids and I are all excited about visiting. We will hoin and pay our dues there if thats ok.

I just had something happen, I read about on here, but have never experienced. I do not normally use spray paint in woodworking. I use shellac, rubio monocoat, and polyurethane. I primed two thin coats grey rustoleum 2X ( you know where this is going ) dried 24 hours in hot garage, sanded with 400 wet dry paper, wiped down with alcohol, dried under a fan, and sprayed topcoat 2x gloss.

Crinkle coat looks cool, but it sure doesn't look aerodynamic.
So my new baby bertha looks really bad.

Now the two rockets that I only allowed 1 hour dry time, with identical primer and gloss topcoat look perfect.

So I am really not super satisfied with 2X paints. I have painted motorcyle tanks and fairings with two part paint and know the process.

I assumed that people complaining about 2x were not prepping properly, but that paint is worse than bad, it actually creates problems if you follow the instructions on the can.

Lol. I will just build a different rocket and wait till I can sand that one back down.

Please excuse the paint rant.

Looking forward to learning more.

Steve

Latest posts

Back