Soon to be Mid-powered!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerbs4me

Reaction score
Hey...
I'm going sometime soon to the hobby place and get some E engines. I've got a homemade rocket almost ready to launch. I made a motor mount for D engines, but why not be a mid powered rocket. Its a 2 stage rocket. the lower stage has 3 C engines and the upper has 1 D engine. The rocket called Blue Thunder.

Cool! Take and post some pics!! :D

I will be videotaping the Executioner launching tomorrow at Whitakers and will have it posted as soon as I can get it digitized.

Jason

i'll have to wait till its warmer. I tried to launch a few weeks ago but no ignition. i make sure i post up some pics. if it ever gets warm! I'm dying to launch, its been a long winter. I'll try to go get the engines this weekend.

Yeah, make sure you take plenty of pics. It sounds like a great rocket.

Hey, question, how old are you? Are you old enough to Cert? Just curious when will you be getting into high power. Youre rocket sounds really cool, but all it is gonna do is hook ya and hook ya deep. Then you will get the fevor. Then you start dreaming about launching the Blue Thunder again and again. Then you will be thinking about 3 Es and 1 F. Then 3 Gs and 1 H. I just want to make sure you are old enough to do the H. If not, I could do it for ya. :)

I'm 19 yrs. old, When the day comes to launch Blue Thunder, I'll let ya know. :)

Once I get E's I'll probably want bigger engines. I just hope the nosecone stays on. the fins should be okay.

Why are you worrying about the nose cone? Do you have vent holes to equalize pressure in the airframe? Is it too loose?

the nosecone is really lose. I've been brainstorming ideas. The nosecone is made from kraft paper.

I'm going to work on the nosecone tommorrow. I didn't get any E engines today. I went the hardware store before guitar lessons and bought some blue spray paint. I also bought Elmers Probond.

I got the nosecone done. All thats left is to finsh the lower stage, and painting it. I was going to launch it yesterday but it was to windy.

This is a picture of my latest work-in-progress; an upscale Der V-3. This was taken after each of the fins were glued in place, but before any filleting was done. Right now, the fillets are done and its awaiting its first coat of primer [too cold and windy to do it today].

I'm going to post some pictures soon. The film needs developed. The blue i picked out is pretty cool. the fins and nosecone will be white.

just 1 more coat of paint and its ready to fly. Thats if it ever warms up.

Back