Sneak Peak: Jolly Logic's Easy Dual Deployment

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has something happened to change this date? The Apogee website has (until today?) cited a January date. But today the stock date is shown as March 31...:y:

Has Chute Release's availability been affected by something...

I suspect that may be due to the number of requests they've had?

The wait is over.

Chute Release will ship to resellers and be available on our website next week.

Thanks to to everyone here who provided thoughts and advice and valuable testing work (and rockets).

Please share your experiences and tips with the community as we develop and share best practices for using it in our flights. You have a leg up on folks who haven't followed along during development, and you can help those at launches that haven't heard about Chute Release or might need help using it.

Thanks, everybody.

Wish I had it for my MDRM on an H140 tomorrow.... Going to be a long walk in 15 mph winds.

OK, where can I go to give someone money for this? Apogee is sold out, and I don't see it on the Red Rocket Hobbies website. Any suggestions? First vendor to post a reply gets my order. :)

Apogee is probably showing sold out cuz they haven't received them yet. Not available until next week per John.

Bat mite's response wasn't there when I started mine. Sorry for the redundancy.

Chute Release will ship to resellers and be available on our website next week.

How about this interpretation:

Ships to resellers next week, available for sale by resellers ???

Available for sale on Jolly Logics site next week

Wooohooo looking forward to this! Is the best place to buy it still jolly logic website?

I just thought of an interesting application for this.

Suppose you are using standard DD with main set to 500 feet. You want to go drogueless to maximize descent rate on a windy day, but you are concerned about getting your NC down. To drogue or not to drogue?

What if you use Chute Release on your drogue, to keep it folded up until 100' prior to the main (in this case, 600')? Chute release let's the rocket fall drogueless for most of the descent, then releases the drogue at 600', getting the NC down for the main charge at 500'.

Thoughts?

Finally! I just ordered one as well, that Christmas money was about to burn through my wallet! After weighing the pros and cons of this, compared to traditional dual deploy, the cost of converting some built rockets, and, advantages of flying some mid power motors at my local spot, it was an easy decision to make.

Just threw cash at JL, 4480@12:56 PST. Can't wait to fly this thing!

Back