See ya

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Luke,

You're exactly the person I was thinking of when I made the post. I think it's great that you let us use your field to fly...and we try to repay the favor by being respectful of your wishes in said use of the field. I figured it made for a perfect analogy that everyone here can instantly understand. I've tried using the "house party" analogy before, but no one seemed to pick up on it.

Personally, I find that things like allowing politics or religion in open conversations on forums not dedicated to said matters, and especially on hobby forums, tends to poison the atmosphere. I have found, either by participation or moderating, that people come to hobby forums to generally relax. Politics and religious discussions tend to have the opposite effect...it is extremely rare to find people that can talk about either completely dispassionately. I think that's why forums that allow open discussions of said subjects (again, on forums not dedicated) see declines of traffic over time. In short, people hear enough bitching and vitrol in real life, they sure don't want to see it at a place they go to relax.

FC

Quite true... thanks for reminding me...

Later! OL JR :)

dysfunctiondemotivator.jpg

And he left too soon to enjoy it :bangpan:

Yuk Yuk...

I tend to agree with the general consensus. This is the second most civil forum I have ever frequented. The other one is full of geriatric vintage Motorhome owners who would all drive 200 miles to help you change a fuse, however that forum gets political sometimes, and it is very amusing.

I think the removal of political threads is a bit much, but like someone said, their field, their flight rules.

I've had a few S-bombs here changed by the mods and it was a simple reminder of the rules.

Rocketry is not for everyone. Sometimes folks should be reminded of that. This Forum is about buildling and flying rockets. We buy and sell here. We try to be helpful here. Sometimes people talk about their lives here. That's OK, but it is about rocketry first. We care about 'our guys and gals,' if you ever doubt that, just read about Miss Rhonda sometime. When your beef is all about the Mods, and closed threads, when you say things to rant or hurt. Don't be suprised when others say, HIT THE ROAD. Rocketry is my hobby, it makes me happy. I find it fun. If Rocketry is not fun for you, if it does not make you happy, do something else. It is OK. Tim Thomas L3

And here i thought that i could read something pleasant on TRF after finishing my standardized testing at school. Nope, just another attention whore.

Dork, come back, Dooorrrrk, come back, Dooorrrk, come back!

What movie is this from?

Was gonna say something cheeky, but Quantra said it best!!

Back to ROCKETS!!!

I can't believe this thread has lasted 82 posts. He was only saying goodbye .

-the 82nd poster

But why say goodbye? If you dont want to stay, just leave. Don't cause a big noise on the way out.

But why say goodbye? If you dont want to stay, just leave. Don't cause a big noise on the way out.
Not really sure that DV is the noise maker...84th post...:wink:
Hes loooooong gone,but this thread is still going strong and I will add,is rather noisy at times.
I hear voices in my head...but thats a good thing,where else would I hear voices..in my toes ?
Stop the insanity.

Last edited:
I rather enjoy this post and I plan to do the same. Although, I know it would backfire because you would BEG me to come back due to my charm and rapest wit and outlandish and interesting threads.

ScottyDog, Potatoes I say!

Uhh.....you might want to check your spellcheck. ("rapier" mayhaps?)

And what's my prize!?

s6

I rather enjoy this post and I plan to do the same. Although, I know it would backfire because you would BEG me to come back due to my charm and rapest wit and outlandish and interesting threads.

ScottyDog, Potatoes I say!
Oh Big "D ,that is so TRUE!

true.jpg

Uhh.....you might want to check your spellcheck. ("rapier" mayhaps?)

And what's my prize!?

s6

I'm guessing you never saw "Dumb and Dumber"

Spend a rather enjoyable two hours and find what I'm saying!

BTW, What is "mayhaps?"

I fail to understand how this thread has reached 3 pages in length, or why it exists at all.

Seriously, the dude left and is gone.

What more is there to it?

Back