SCALE - V2 Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This V2 cardmodel is from Currell cardmodels, www.currell.net, made at 1/100th scale.

I use it when I make presentations in classes along side my 1/100th scale Saturns, Mercury's, Gemini's, etc.

I plumbed to fly with an MMax engine, and to be simply break-apart recovery since it's just paper.

The big daddy next to it is the BT-80 V-2 from Estes. I didn't show all of it, because I accidentally broke the top off setting it down on the floor next to me, one time. Yay! A chance to make another V-2!

Post copied with permission

Attachments

• IMG_0228.jpg
    IMG_0228.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 46
Last edited by a moderator:
Currell V-2 Rocket Basic Information.

currell%20graphics.gif
Currell Graphics

MODEL NAME: V-2 Rocket Also known as:

NUMBER:

Introduced: 2005
Final Year:
Designer: Ralph Currell

Type: Scale, Cardstock
Motor Mount:
Recovery:
Stages:
Length:
Diameter:
Span:
Weight:

Mfg. Description: DESC

Advertising Liveries

currell-v2%20rocket-2011%20web%20livery%201.jpg
Currell 2011 Web Ad
currell-v2%20rocket-2011%20web%20livery%202.jpg
Currell 2011 Web Ad Alternate Scheme

Face Card(s)

currell-v2%20rocket-facecard.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews[/url]
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
This is my latest V2 build. It has not flown yet but the first flight will most likely be in Orangeburg on an M2505.

V2 102211.JPG

Not exactly a V-2, actually a Canadian Arrow, but it fits with the idea... an improved V-2 with increased engine thrust and bigger propellant tanks, launched from a submersible "can" towed behind a U-boat to within range of New York... The "Kriegsmarine V-2"...

The styling is a cross between the test versions of the V-2 and Polaris SLBM... the "crest" was made on the computer and printed on regular printer paper (haven't messed with decal film yet) and glued onto the side, in a motif sufficiently "regal" for the first operational German missile launched on America in late 1946, had history unfolded slightly differently...
View attachment 67603v2%20pic%202.jpgView attachment 67605V2%20pic%204.jpgView attachment 67607
Later! OL JR :)

Hey young Strawwalker—I like the concept behind the "Kriegsmarine V-2." Nice twist and a good idea for a variation in paint.

Hey young Strawwalker—I like the concept behind the "Kriegsmarine V-2." Nice twist and a good idea for a variation in paint.

Thanks... it's a cool looking flyer... Loves those Estes "E" motors...

Later! OL JR :)

LOC 7.5 in. V2 (PK-100) Basic Information.

loc.gif
LOC/Precision

MODEL NAME: 7.51" V2 Also known as:

NUMBER: PK-100

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Scale
Motor Mount: 1x54mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length:
Diameter: 7.51"
Span:
Weight:

Mfg. Description: Loc V-2 is our first sport scale kit. It's designed around LOC's BT-7.51 to obtain a practical 8.47:1 scale. Because of its size and low weight, the V2 can take to the sky on minimum power 800Ns (J450) re loadable motor. I like to fly mine on K500-M. All LOC/PRECSION PK series kits include heavy duty airframe and motor mount tubes, high-grade precision-cut plywood fins, centering rings, rip-stop nylon parachute or streamer, tubular nylon shock cord , launch lug, polypropylene nose cones and instructions.. (LOC 2012 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

loc%20-%207.5%20V2%20-%20oct%202011%20web%20livery.jpg
LOC 2011 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Performance Rocketry 1/5 Scale V-2 Basic Information.

performance_rocketry.gif
Performance Rocketry

MODEL NAME: 1/5 Scale V-2 Also known as: 11.5" V-2

NUMBER:

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Motor Mount:
Length: 8' 1"
Diameter: 11.67"
Span:
Weight: 50-100 lbs

Mfg. Description: DESC

Advertising Liveries

performance%20rocketry-v2%2011.5-2005%20web%20livery.jpg
PR 2005 Web Ad
performance%20rocketry-v2%2011.5-2007%20web%20livery.jpg
PR 2007 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

Last edited:
A Wavy GraV-2.

This is kind of an experimental version of the Maxi-Brute V-2. I cast the fins, nose, and boattail. The fins were cast too heavy, so the nose has extra weight added, and it's now one heavy beast. It's definitely not going to be the last one I build.

So, what to do with this experiment? I decided to do a Wavy Gravy paintjob on it, using earth tones to emulate some hippy army's camoflage pattern.

It was too tall for any bucket or garbage can I have, so I tried the fins and tail first, and then the nose and body. Not a good idea, since the patterns didn't match closely. So, I did the fins and boattail again, and got a better match.Wavy GraV-2.jpg

Fiberglass resin?
I have tried that, which is usually polyester. But, it comes out too brittle.

So, now, I use polyurethane resin. It's available from alumalite and other places.

Thrustline Aerospace V-2 (TACL-016) Basic Information.

thrustline.gif
Thrustline Aerospace

MODEL NAME: V-2 Also known as:

NUMBER: TACL-016

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Scale, Clone
Motor Mount: 1x18mm
Length:
Diameter:
Span:
Weight:

Mfg. Description: Clone of Estes K-22

Advertising Liveries

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

Last edited:
My Estes V2 with custom vinyls cut by my wife. It took a little to get the vinyl to work out with no obvious seem but I think it turned out very well.
V2.jpg

Thrustline V2 (TA-019) Basic Information.

thrustline.gif
Thrustline Aerospace

MODEL NAME: V2 Also known as:

NUMBER: TA-019

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer: John Rowan-Stern

Length: 14.6"
Diameter: 1.6"
Span:
Weight: 3.4 oz

Mfg. Description: This is a Thrustline original scale kit of the famous German WWII rocket, The V2! This kit was researched and design by Thrustline and beta tested by Donald Besaw. The kit is an easy to assemble rocket that performs well. It comes complete with fully illustrated instructions for building and flying. This is a great kit for smaller fields. You can expect altitudes starting at 275 feet up to 700 feet with a C6-5. Here is a look at what you get:
Balsa Nose Cone
Balsa Tail Cone
Engine and body Tubes
Centering rings
Pre-measured nose weight
Kevlar and Elastic Shock recovery system
18" Mylar parachute
Fin patterns and fin stock
Fully illustrated instruction booklet (Thrustline 2008 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

thrustline-v2%20ta019-2005%20web.jpg
2005 Web Ad
thrustline-v2%20ta019-2008%20web.jpg
2008 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

Last edited:
Estes V-2 (K-22 or #1222) Basic Information.

estes.gif
Estes Industries

MODEL NAME: V-2 Also known as:

NUMBER: K-22 or #1222

Introduced: 1965
Final Year: 1977
Designer:

Length: 11.2"
Diameter: 1.325"
Span:
Weight: 1.4 oz

Mfg. Description: High performance scale model of the rocket that started the space age. Easy but interesting to build, the V-2 features reliable parachute recovery for gentle landings. Detailed instruction provide full information on assembly and finishing. Kit comes complete with all parts (but no engines). (Estes 1966 Catalog)

=====

1967 Catalog text identical to 1966 Catalog
1968 Catalog text identical to 1966 Catalog
1969 Catalog text identical to 1966 Catalog
1970 Catalog text identical to 1966 Catalog

Advertising Liveries

estes-v2%20k22-1966%20cat.jpg
1966 Catalog
estes-v2%20k22-1967%20cat.jpg
1967 Catalog
estes-v2%20k22-1968%20cat.jpg
1968 Catalog
estes-v2%20k22-1969%20cat.jpg
1969 Catalog
estes-v2%20k22-1970%20cat.jpg
1970 Catalog

Face Card(s)

estes-v2%20k22-face%201.jpg
estes-v2%20k22-face%201a.jpg
estes-v2%20k22-face%201b.jpg
estes-v2%20k22-face%201c.jpg
estes-v2%20k22-face%202.jpg
estes-v2%20k22-face%202a.jpg
estes-v2%20k22-face%203.jpg

Instruction Header(s)

estes-v2%20k22-instr%201.jpg

EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

Last edited:
This was one out team built for a Naram event a couple of years ago in Pueblo. It never made it there because of some logistical issues but it was a lot of fun to build. This version is scratch built and is the first test flight so the detailing was not done. This is a 4" dia rocket with a carbon fiber tail cone to reduce weight and help to change the cg. The flight shown we are using a G something (I don't remember) and the bumper has an A motor to keep the altitude a bit lower. It's performance was much better than we anticipated and the staging was flawless with perfect recovery.

DSC_3350_2.jpgDSC_3340_2.jpgDSC_3336.jpg

This was one out team built for a Naram event a couple of years ago in Pueblo. It never made it there because of some logistical issues but it was a lot of fun to build. This version is scratch built and is the first test flight so the detailing was not done. This is a 4" dia rocket with a carbon fiber tail cone to reduce weight and help to change the cg. The flight shown we are using a G something (I don't remember) and the bumper has an A motor to keep the altitude a bit lower. It's performance was much better than we anticipated and the staging was flawless with perfect recovery.

That's very cool!

Estes Maxi-Brute V-2 (#1952) Basic Information.

estes.gif
Estes Industries

MODEL NAME: Maxi-Brute V-2 Also known as:

NUMBER: #1952

Introduced: 2002
Final Year: 2004
Designer:

Motor Mount: 1x24mm
Length: 33.5"
Diameter: 3.94"
Span:
Weight: 12.05 oz

Mfg. Description: Beautiful 1/19th scale model of a German ground-to-ground ballistic missile. Comes with blow molded nose cone and tail cone and vacuum formed fins. (Estes 2002 Catalog)

Advertising Liveries

estes-maxi%20brute%20v2%201952-2002%20cat.jpg
2002 Catalog

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

Last edited:

View attachment 92237View attachment 92238View attachment 92239

That motor was an LMS G seventy something -4 Redline. Bumper was on an A8-3.

Back