RRC-3 no data after flight

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wayco

Desert Rat Rocketeer
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Flew my 4" Punisher on an L900 at Airfest last weekend. Both the RRC-3 and SLCF turned on normally, ran through preflight tests and got good beeps prior to flight. Everything operated normally, firing the deployment charges at the proper time, but when I tried to download, no data was saved on the RRC-3. Tried both the USB-IO cable and the LCDT with negative results.
Anybody else have this problem? Solution?

I had that same problem with one of my RC3's in a high school's project. I contacted Jim and he said to send it to him...which I still need to do. Luckily I had dual electronics in the high school projects and was able to keep the flight data pieced together on all three of flights required.

Tony

Thanks for the replies. Mine was also a redundant unit, and operated nominally except for the lack of recording. Sharon has another RRC-3 that needs repair, so I will contact Jim and send them off to him.

Happened to me on 2 different units. Both were sent back to Jim and he reflashed them.

Downloaded my 4" Punisher today and had no problem with the RRC3 in it. Version 1.6 so newest firmware. Tried to download Wayne's again and no data but checked and yes it is Version 1.6 also. We bought them together recently (I think we got 4 or 5 on that order).

I have few other RRC3's with issues and as Wayne said we will sent those back for reflashing to Version 1.6 and have Jim Amos check this new RRC3 also.

I like the RRC3, like the data I can get on drogue and main decent rates, time on the pad, etc. But I personally found them to be a bit touchy on the software side. I have yet to not have it fire the charges (good) but I don't always get the data (bad). This is why they are always redundant with a Stratologger in our dual deploy rockets. That being said we have over 30 of the units with only a few issues (good)

Back