Rocketman Parachutes Black Friday Order still not received yet...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bought $600 worth of parachutes on Black Friday 2023. Still nothing... no parachutes, no answer to a couple voicemails, no response to several emails.

I guess the next step is call credit card company to see if I can get a refund.

Bought $600 worth of parachutes on Black Friday 2023. Still nothing... no parachutes, no answer to a couple voicemails, no response to several emails.

I guess the next step is call credit card company to see if I can get a refund.
I would do that forsure. Way to much money spent and getting nothing

Hey looks like while Buddy doesn't have time to ship out all these orders he DOES have time and money to ship himself on a last minute flight to watch tomorrows Star Ship launch. Isn't that grand?

View attachment 635308
Well, I guess that rules out all the '.....must be some family crisis' concerns! He looks really healthy and mobile to me!

This is a LOT like Curtis telling folks for weeks that he was working 16 hour days 6 days a week to make and ship product......all while posting on his personal FB account from Everest base camp!

The parallels here are uncanny:
  • Taking money for product
  • Ghosting everyone for long periods of time
  • Ignoring ANY attempts at legitimate contact
  • Showing late to the game up begging for forgiveness after being hounded and shamed repeatedly on social media by LOTS of angry customers
  • 'Making it right' for just a few select individuals (and forgetting everyone else....again)
  • Lather, rinse, repeat.

This is 2024, where even some of the most remote parts of every continent have 24/7/365 internet access.

To be presenting yourself as a legitimate legal business, yet creating this scenario with questioning customers who paid legitimate money in good faith for fair exchange but cannot even get acknowledgement from the vendor is either gross negligence or intentional malfeasance. Like my money man says, "Past performance is no guarantee of future results".

Behavior like this didn't fly with Curtis (in all his various iterations of rocketry businesses), shouldn't fly here.....too many other just as good vendors who offer similar product but actually deliver product in a timely manner to keep throwing good money down a deep dark hole.

Last edited:
Well, I guess that rules out all the '.....must be some family crisis' concerns! He looks really healthy and mobile to me!

This is a LOT like Curtis telling folks for weeks that he was working 16 hour days 6 days a week to make and ship product......all while posting on his personal FB account from Everest base camp!

The parallels here are uncanny: Taking money for product, ghosting everyone for long periods of time, ignoring ANY attempts at legitimate contact, showing up begging for forgiveness, 'making it right' for just a few select individuals (and forgetting everyone else....again) after being hounded and shamed repeatedly on social media......lather, rinse, repeat.

This is 2024, where even some of the most remote parts of every continent have 24/7/365 internet access.

To be presenting yourself as a legitimate legal business, yet creating this scenario with questioning customers who paid legitimate money in good faith for fair exchange but cannot even get acknowledgement from the vendor is either gross negligence or intentional malfeasance. Behavior like this didn't fly with Curtis (in all his various iterations of rocketry businesses), shouldn't fly here.....too many other just as good vendors who offer similar product but actually deliver product in a timely manner to keep throwing good money down a deep dark hole.
100%. Same issues. Different players. But will they get the same treatment here on TRF remains to be seen.

Ya, I like the guy personally. I have shared a cocktail and a shrimp with Ky.

This morning, I initiated a refund request with credit card. Disappointed for sure, but moving on..... life is too short.

Best of luck Rocketman Enterprises.

It's unfortunate that Rocketman Parachutes like Composite Warehouse let their customer service go to crap. I ordered quite a number of products from both in the past and they had high quality products with fair customer service. No more.

The parallels here are uncanny:
  • Taking money for product
  • Ghosting everyone for long periods of time
  • Ignoring ANY attempts at legitimate contact
  • Showing late to the game up begging for forgiveness after being hounded and shamed repeatedly on social media by LOTS of angry customers
  • 'Making it right' for just a few select individuals (and forgetting everyone else....again)
  • Lather, rinse, repeat.

To be presenting yourself as a legitimate legal business, yet creating this scenario with questioning customers who paid legitimate money in good faith for fair exchange but cannot even get acknowledgement from the vendor is either gross negligence or intentional malfeasance. Like my money man says, "Past performance is no guarantee of future results".

Behavior like this didn't fly with Curtis (in all his various iterations of rocketry businesses), shouldn't fly here.....too many other just as good vendors who offer similar product but actually deliver product in a timely manner to keep throwing good money down a deep dark hole.

When there are 15 people posting again and again that they need help or ideas for how to get their money back that was unscrupulously taken there will be one person that will pipe up and say they placed an order and it was filled so everyone else shouldn’t bash one of our beloved vendors.

All who have been outright ripped off will be made to feel guilty about their position in this so will from then on approach this carefully so as not to offend the few that insanely defend these business practices or worse yet, what if the actual offender shows up in the thread and sees what’s being said. Then he will be so taken back with offense. This is all ridiculous. The only people that have done nothing wrong are the people new to rocketry that just didn’t know and were ripped off. Its shameful some defend this after all this time and all these threads. If you placed an order and received it be grateful. Don’t tell someone who just got ripped off they’re doing something wrong by posting about it.

I'm really surprised that Ky is allowing this type of degradation to Rocketman's reputation and legacy. I guess as they say, it is what it is... :(
And Ky took the time to post on the Tripoli FB page about Buddy attending the starship launch. I was waiting for someone to respond with the product delivery issues. Has anyone confirmed that Ky is even aware that all this is happening?

And Ky took the time to post on the Tripoli FB page about Buddy attending the starship launch. I was waiting for someone to respond with the product delivery issues. Has anyone confirmed that Ky is even aware that all this is happening?
The Tripoli Facebook page does not allow us to help protect eachother with that type of information, they are of the mindset that all vendors are sacred.

I’ve had the argument with them, (Steve) several times in reference to Curtis to no avail.

To me they are facilitating bad vendors taking advantage of our membership.

The Tripoli Facebook page does not allow us to help protect eachother with that type of information, they are of the mindset that all vendors are sacred.

I’ve had the argument with them, (Steve) several times in reference to Curtis to no avail.

This is something where I understand both sides of it. I've been a moderator a number of places (including both here and the Tripoli Facebook page), and I've had to establish some of these types of rules. It's a very, very difficult balancing act.

No matter what they say or do, the moderators are viewed as taking sides. They will never win, no matter what they do. This is why I always tell people new to being a moderator that "The most important thing to understand is that no matter what you do, you're wrong, and someone will be more than happy to point it out to you in detail."

Asking them to arbitrate in any way is also asking them to take sides. Saying they need to accept evidence is also asking them to take sides.

Much of the time, the realities of the situation are nuanced. There are a few egregious cases where the truth is very evident. But once again, that's asking them to take sides.

Trust me when I say that it sucks as much for them as it does for everyone else, if not moreso, because they're caught in the middle and lose no matter what.

-Kevin

Last edited:
This is something where I understand both sides of it. I've been a moderator a number of places (both here and the Tripoli Facebook page), and I've had to establish some of these types of rules. It's a very, very difficult balancing act.

No matter what they say or do, the moderators are viewed as taking sides. They will never win, no matter what they do. This is why I always tell people new to being a moderator that "The most important thing to understand is that no matter what you do, you're wrong, and someone will be more than happy to point it out to you in detail."

Asking them to arbitrate in any way is also asking them to take sides. Saying they need to accept evidence is also asking them to take sides.

Much of the time, the realities of the situation are nuanced. There are a few egregious cases where the truth is very evident. But once again, that's asking them to take sides.

Trust me when I say that it sucks as much for them as it does for everyone else, if not moreso, because they're caught in the middle and lose no matter what.

-Kevin
1710528528012.png

I am lucky enough to at times have been able to just drive to Buddy's home to pickup my order. My last order did take quite a while to get, but I did get it. Hopefully all of the rest will also.
Disclaimer: not defending this type of action, just posting so all know there are still orders going out.

I am lucky enough to at times have been able to just drive to Buddy's home to pickup my order. My last order did take quite a while to get, but I did get it. Hopefully all of the rest will also.
Disclaimer: not defending this type of action, just posting so all know there are still orders going out.
My friend ordered a kit back in November. It still hasn't come to him. He's sent email asking about his order several times and no answer back from no one.

This is something where I understand both sides of it. I've been a moderator a number of places (including both here and the Tripoli Facebook page), and I've had to establish some of these types of rules. It's a very, very difficult balancing act.

-Kevin
I agree 100% and I think erroring on the side of avoiding negative comments is wise. I once wrote a negative facebook post on a vendor and was glad it was deleted. I had a fever and was not thinking clearly at all, and later regretted writing anything negative!

That being said this forum and some other facebook groups allow vendor reviews where it is appropriate to air issues. I think this is a good compromise.

Steve is making the right decision. Those on TRF are a very small sample of those who fly rockets, and likely a small sample of a vendor's customers. Also, members of this forum have a high propensity to whine and complain. I am sure we do not hear from a vast number of satisfied customers. I do not need you, or anyone else, to "protect" me.

Steve is making the right decision. Those on TRF are a very small sample of those who fly rockets, and likely a small sample of a vendor's customers. Also, members of this forum have a high propensity to whine and complain. I am sure we do not hear from a vast number of satisfied customers. I do not need you, or anyone else, to "protect" me.
Yes, it's patently -absurd- for members of the TRF community to share the issues they're having with a vendor with others to determine how wide spread the issue is. Positively unthinkable.

I am not going to say a bad word about anyone. I am going to say that Ted from @Onebadhawk and Tim from @WILDMANRS have both went over and beyond anything I could expect, and quickly shipped anything I have ordered, and even handled the one problem I had with a defective part, quickly and fairly.
You can not go wrong sending them money because what you want will show up in a few days.

All I'm going to say is that I pay attention to what I hear, I pay attention to how I see vendors interact with me and with other customers. When I make a recommendation of a vendor for a product or service, it's because I have a high degree of confidence that both the product and the service will be positive for the customer. I view how that person is treated as a reflection on me, if I recommend the vendor.

-Kevin

You
On the subject of parachutes and positive feedback: I've always had great service from SkyAngle/b2Rocketry. Pam is responsive and delivers an excellent product on time. I've had custom drogues made with heavier cord and heavier stitching. 5 stars!
your opinion is yours and you are certainly entitled to it, but the free exchange of information, both good and bad is the whole purpose of a public platform with members of common interest. I know that back when I was a new member I appreciated both the accolades that some vendors got and the bad press that others had heaved upon them. I wouldn’t say the posters were “protecting” me but they did present valid information for myself and others to evaluate and come to our conclusions.

You

your opinion is yours and you are certainly entitled to it, but the free exchange of information, both good and bad is the whole purpose of a public platform with members of common interest. I know that back when I was a new member I appreciated both the accolades that some vendors got and the bad press that others had heaved upon them. I wouldn’t say the posters were “protecting” me but they did present valid information for myself and others to evaluate and come to our conclusions.
Sorry John, big fingers cut you off, I going to second your recommendation of Skyangle, great product, great people, great service

On the subject of parachutes and positive feedback: I've always had great service from SkyAngle/b2Rocketry. Pam is responsive and delivers an excellent product on time. I've had custom drogues made with heavier cord and heavier stitching. 5 stars!
I would also add to the good vendor list is Valkyrie Recovery (formerly BAMA Chutes). While I have yet to order a chute from Valkyrie, I did order plenty from Ben when he ran BAMA and he is a very likable guy and he's also a vet :)

Hey everyone out there, I do not read forums often on Rocketry Forum, as it’s hard to read every section of every forum and every comment, but the best thing is if there’s ever a issue, please call, email us, or text us, my personal number is 612-599-2292, nothing is ever meant to be delayed and we have shipped every order we’ve ever gotten, sometimes things get delayed by more complicated orders, or we are low on certain materials. But if anything is ever needed in a rush, we can certainly find something that’ll work for your needs and make sure it’s a priority to get out. Regardless, I will make sure in the future to be more on top of orders, emails, and phone calls, we are a small business with a lot of auction designs that take a ton of craftsmanship and time. One thing is if we were a dropshipper, but another thing is every single part takes a ton of time to manufacture, insuring that we have inventory and overhead of materials. From now on if anyone has questions or issues, please email us and I will make sure to get you taken care of ASAP. Thank you for everyone in the community that has supported us over the decades.

When there are 15 people posting again and again that they need help or ideas for how to get their money back that was unscrupulously taken there will be one person that will pipe up and say they placed an order and it was filled so everyone else shouldn’t bash one of our beloved vendors.

All who have been outright ripped off will be made to feel guilty about their position in this so will from then on approach this carefully so as not to offend the few that insanely defend these business practices or worse yet, what if the actual offender shows up in the thread and sees what’s being said. Then he will be so taken back with offense. This is all ridiculous. The only people that have done nothing wrong are the people new to rocketry that just didn’t know and were ripped off. Its shameful some defend this after all this time and all these threads. If you placed an order and received it be grateful. Don’t tell someone who just got ripped off they’re doing something wrong by posting about it.
The ability to file a Civil Complaint and have it served by a Processor Server may garner attention.

Back