Rocketarium continuity tester repair?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EXPjawa

Reaction score
Last summer, prior to LDRS, I ordered a continuity tester from Rocketarium. When it arrived, I put it in my launch tool box unopened. At LDRS, I decided to give one of my clustered rockets a go, and took the tester out of its package so that I could verify all the ignitors to ensure the best odds of lighting all motors. However, it didn't work. I put in a new battery, clipped it on, pushed the button, but nothing happened. Then I clipped the leads together, nothing happened. Since Rocketarium was onsite, I took it over to their tent to seek tech support. The person I spoke to verified it didn't work and promised a replacement, though he didn't have any on hand. To that end, he had one sent out immediately. He must have figured out who I was in their customer records, because he never asked me for contact info. I had figured that I'd just email him when he got home from the event, but I never had to. One can't ask for better customer service than that. I used the replacement tester for the balance of the season. It worked well, and every cluster rocket that I checked with it lit 100% of the motors.

Fast forward to this season (which only just started here), and the tester doesn't work. I've tried replacement batteries, but nothing happens. I do recall that at the end of last year, it got a little flaky. Occasionally, I'd have to pull the battery out and put it back in to get it to work. Now, it simply doesn't. I'd like to try to identify the issue, as I now have two of these that may potentially be repairable. I'm not sure if the button used was problem prone, or if its something else (battery holder, solder joints, etc). The device is pretty simple, and it seems like I ought to be able to diagnose the break down in connection, provided I come up with continuity tester to test my continuity tester...

Has anyone had any experience or luck repairing this device?

Back