Rocket naming dilemma!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rule #1 Wife is always right.
Rule #2: if you think you're right, you are very wrong!

Also your wife is right on the merits. It's bad mojo since the rocket may cato. Your kid is more important than a rocket and your kid won't like it when the kid gets older.

Maybe a name involving "June"?

Wait a few years. If your daughter ends up having an interest in the models you fly, ask her if she'd like to have one named after her.

Actually probably better, ask her if she'd like to "help" build a model, and choose something simple and reliable like a Big Bertha. Don't force her to do much building, give her options on how much she wants to be involved with. Don't make the model into too much of a "treasured" thing though, since "crap happens" and it might crash or get lost and she might be too upset.

And she can pick the name of it, whether it is something off the wall like "Sparky", or "Rover", or "______ 's Rocket" ( _____ = her name). No coaching on what to choose, but perhaps veto power on a really poor choice (nothing involving poop, for example). :)

Your wife is entitled to whatever reasons she does not want to have you name that reasons after your daughter. I can think fo a few, not gonna speculate & in the end does not matter anyway.

Hope things go well.

She built a loc Athena this spring she has much more attention to detail than I. It really turned out great.

I would love to know the story behind that pic.

neil

It looks like the 2 outer booster engines are cup holders and the main engine holds ice that can be crushed as the lady is turning the 2 handle hand crank.
She looks like she is turning the hand crank to crush ice in the photo

Bobby

Back