Quote? What is your favorite quote?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort."​
FRANKLIN D. ROOSEVELT​

"She began to understand why lovers talk baby talk to one another. There was no other socially acceptable circumstance in which the children inside her were permitted to come out. If the one-year-old, the five-year- old, the twelve-year-old, and the twenty-year-old all find compatible personalities in the beloved, there is a real chance to keep all of these sub-personas happy. Love ends their long loneliness. Perhaps the depth of love can be calibrated by the number of different selves that are actively involved in a given relationship."

Carl Sagan, Contact

"She began to understand why lovers talk baby talk to one another. There was no other socially acceptable circumstance in which the children inside her were permitted to come out. If the one-year-old, the five-year- old, the twelve-year-old, and the twenty-year-old all find compatible personalities in the beloved, there is a real chance to keep all of these sub-personas happy. Love ends their long loneliness. Perhaps the depth of love can be calibrated by the number of different selves that are actively involved in a given relationship."

Carl Sagan, Contact
long but good one.

"A rebirth out of spiritual adversity causes us to become new creatures."​
JAMES E. FAUST​

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."​
RALPH WALDO EMERSON​

If you cannot find peace within yourself, you will never find it anywhere else."​
MARVIN GAYE​

"One cannot grow fine flowers in a thin soil."​
VIRGINIA WOOLF​

"The only sure weapon against bad ideas is better ideas."​
ALFRED WHITNEY GRISWOLD​

"This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it."​
RALPH WALDO EMERSON​

"AI is going in the wrong direction. I want AI to do my laundry and dishes so that I can do art and writing, not for AI to do my art and writing so that I can do my laundry and dishes."
Joanna on facebook
That would be a good use of AI.

"The excellence of a gift lies in its appropriateness rather than in its value."​
CHARLES DUDLEY WARNER​

"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."

This quote is often attributed to St. Bernard of Clairvaux, but has not been found in any of his writings, and the earliest attribution to him is from 1640, 500 years after St. Bernard lived. However, there are passages expressing a similar sentiment in the Aeneid, the book of Sirach from the Bible, and the Koran. While we don't know who exactly first worded it this way, this expression seems to be fairly common wisdom handed down from ancient times.

Back