Psyche Asteroid Mission

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It has launched! On a Falcon Heavy!

https://psyche.asu.edu/
I know the mission is supposed to be to investigate whether the Psyche asteroid is a planetary core or not but a little voice in my subconscious says, “Come on. It is about getting up close and personal with a lump of metal worth 10,000 quadrillion dollars.”

I know 13 is Elon's favorite number but who launches on Friday the 13th?

Nonetheless, it will flyby Mars in 2026 and reach the asteroid in 2029. Pretty cool probe and an exciting plan.

I know 13 is Elon's favorite number but who launches on Friday the 13th?

Nonetheless, it will flyby Mars in 2026 and reach the asteroid in 2029. Pretty cool probe and an exciting plan.
Humanity needs a faster way to get around the solar system. This “launch it and then have it sling around planets over and over to finally get there years later” approach is too slow. How about ion engines or solar sails or something to speed this up?

Humanity needs a faster way to get around the solar system. This “launch it and then have it sling around planets over and over to finally get there years later” approach is too slow. How about ion engines or solar sails or something to speed this up?
I am in favor of it.

How about ion engines or solar sails or something to speed this up?
I agree!

All this talk about reusable rockets is like arguing we need to build a better sailboat to travel around the world more quickly.

And when I figure out what this new technology will be and how to successfully implement it, you all can hear about it when I accept my multiple Nobel prizes. :D

I agree!

All this talk about reusable rockets is like arguing we need to build a better sailboat to travel around the world more quickly.

And when I figure out what this new technology will be and how to successfully implement it, you all can hear about it when I accept my multiple Nobel prizes. :D
As in my name NTP is the future.

Back