Post your christmas tree!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is all we have this year. My wife put out all of her other decorations but we decided not to put up the tree. This is something I've seen other woodworkers make and it is fairly simple to make. I drew it up in autocad to get the measurements of the pieces then glued it together. The paint job is horrible because I used an old can of Rustoleum so don't look at it too closely. Also in my opinion it should have more lights.IMG_5422r.jpg

Very traditional, but a brand new tree this year. There are yearly ornaments for each of our 48 Christmases since we married, and stuff from grandparent's trees in our childhood, etc. We have it on a spinner so all the yearly ornaments can be seen.

View attachment 619448
Cool we always do chose and cut of a live tree because my grandparents ran a farm so we get a free tree from left overs. Also it’s just fun. But I understand that most don’t have time. I also have yearly ornaments but only 14 for my 14 Christmases.

Every year when it takes three days to decorate it, we say, "next year we'll get a small tree." But once it's up, we love it so much that the next year we get another 13' tree.

Besides, what else you gonna do with a high ceiling?

Attachments

• IMG_20231211_210906802.jpg
    IMG_20231211_210906802.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20231211_210955355.jpg
    IMG_20231211_210955355.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
I used to volunteer at a tree lot a bit, there were always some people who would look at the 12’ ones and ask “don’t you have anything bigger?”
They would always sell out first, and they were like $200 too! Also, they’re heavy.
Couldn’t fit one of those in our house for sure. Or the car to get it here for that matter.
IMG_2657.jpeg

some people who would look at the 12’ ones and ask “don’t you have anything bigger?”
That was me, this year 😂.

Well, okay, there weren't any 12' ones on the lot. The biggest was maybe 8' or 9'. This lot always has big ones, so I asked. The big ones were still on the truck, but he took me around to it and pulled some off for me to choose from.

Out son is 25 and I only home on weekends. Time is a premium most of the time.

I did look at trees and $300 is pretty steep.
We got ours for 150$. But that was at a NC area with so many tree farms that the president gets his tree there every year.

Yes, a Holland Lop. Tile is certainly not his favorite but he will go on it and likes to sit behind the tree.

Back