People of TRF Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well then... Come join me and others here. Since you live in CA, you should definitely consider attending this fun fly.

I am on Heli Freak... just got on a few weeks ago. There are some wonderful videos there. So much to learn. BTW: I have the same handle - gdjsky01. I posted in the Introduce Yourself forum.

Thank you for the Fun Fly heads up. I had no idea! I am gonna do my best to make the Fun Fly! Just to look around.

I am using the Phoenix sim with my Airtronics SD-10g. I can BARELY nose out hover. And if I try nose in, or forward flight, bad wicked things happen. :(

I need to connect with locals. Maybe find a mentor once I am ready to buy a real heli.

Taken last Saturday (9/24) at the Sheridan OROC launch:
6180224122_346181b291.jpg

That's my upscale clone of the old FSI Viking II.

Here's a few of my ugly mug...

Out at Orangeburg the day of my successful L2 cert
Orangeburg%252520Rocketry%25252004042009%2525200033%252520.jpg

My other passion, soaring--in this photo near Alamogordo, NM
Soaring%252520Astir%252520Jul%25252002.jpg

Last edited:
A pic of me taken a couple of years ago at a model train show in Long Beach. I was very hot, very tired, and very sore at the time after having to walk 1/2 mile from the nearest parking spot.

Tiredhotandsore.jpg

One of the last launch, not sure when I'll make the next one...damn appendix!!

2012-08-31 19.43.35.jpgIMG_7227.jpg

On the mend...just have to rest it up for the next 4 weeks according to my doc.

It would be someone else that has any pics of me with rockets. I have only one. The rest are assorted adventures and glory days.

IMG00453.jpg

My 2nd Mom (I adopted her)

Gary & Momma Sylvia.jpg

Here I am in a blues band jammin with Dan Ackroyd.

GB and Dan sm.jpg

And an older shot getting off the ferry in Tahiti.

T 4.jpg

And lastly, Caught this flounder on the Isle of Palms SC.

DSCF1750.JPG

This just in from Freedom Launch 2014. I landed my Arapahoe F in the back of that PU truck behind me.

Attachments

• GB 2014 1.jpg
    GB 2014 1.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
I am on Heli Freak... just got on a few weeks ago. There are some wonderful videos there. So much to learn. BTW: I have the same handle - gdjsky01. I posted in the Introduce Yourself forum.

Thank you for the Fun Fly heads up. I had no idea! I am gonna do my best to make the Fun Fly! Just to look around.

I am using the Phoenix sim with my Airtronics SD-10g. I can BARELY nose out hover. And if I try nose in, or forward flight, bad wicked things happen. :(

I need to connect with locals. Maybe find a mentor once I am ready to buy a real heli.

Not another Heli freak...

[video=youtube;WuTzfjjj6sk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuTzfjjj6sk&feature=share&list=UUSPxKk7mgM8CXUkKZ7ZfdUA[/video]

Thats my latest kds450 pro

1. I am very jealous.

2. Is that you on bass? If so, that 'stache is epic.

No, actually that's me in the leopard shirt. I thought the caption in the photo was enough to give a clue. This bar was in Wilmington NC and Dan has a house on an island there somewhere. Frequented that bar often, so I was told. Just wanted to sit in with us and play some "Old Chicago" kind of blues. Played the crap out of that harmonica. The bass player was a dear friend of mine and passed away some 8 years ago. Dan brought in an entourage along with Howie Mandel. I talked to Howie for 1/2 an hour and didn't even know it was him. It seems some celebrities like to avoid introductions in case someone like me might not recognize them and they can have a normal conversation.

I'm not explaining, you either get it or you don't.

I laughed hard enough that my wife asked what was up. I told her to come look. she didn't get it until pointed out what you got.

EDIT to add a few of my own:

EBH Picture 1.jpg
My other pastime: Singing with an A Cappella Community Chorus in Oakland.
(I'm currently taking a season off.)

IMG_0096.jpeg
Me and my boys launching at Moffett Field

painting.jpg
Painting Primering King Kraken tube fins.

robert and harold.jpg
Me and "Harold: The Purple Crayon"

I can't do much about the height at this point, (save investing in platform shoes,) but I am working on that whole "width" thing...

Last edited:
Here's me recovering my L1 flight this past October (with Steve Sawyer, in grey baseball cap).

My daughter Leah examining the ship's nosecone on a subsequent flight.

Photos by Martin Hall.

Ari.

NOR_7961_sm.jpg

NOR_8927_sm.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Ari, your photo links appear to be broken. (At least for me...)

Thank you for noticing the linking issue Robert! See if this is any better.

Kit--Roger's YouBee is an inspiration to both my 2.6" and the 4" breakaways. In an odd twist of fate, I bought Leah's original 1" breakaway from jonrocket, which Roger's wife Bracha runs (bewfore I knew who either of them were).

Ari.

IMG_1506.jpg

IMG_1297.jpg

IMG_1247.jpg

Here's the group photo from the end of our 2009 4-H rocket launch. Somewhere I have group photos from 2010 and 2011, but they aren't posted online; for one of those years, we had two kids whose parents did not allow their photos on the net, but I have no idea why I didn't post the other one.

I think I'm wearing the same shirt in all three.

BTW... obviously, I'm the one on the right. Less than 6', more than 200 pounds... a typical American middle-aged man. Egad.

20090709-07.jpg

OK. Explanation?

From what I can derive:
1. Street Performer?
2. Hapkido/Judo/Taekwondo?
3. Hiking?

OK. Explanation?

From what I can derive:
1. Street Performer?
2. Hapkido/Judo/Taekwondo?
3. Hiking?
1. Of a particular variety, yes: Morris dancing. https://binghamtonmorris.wordpress.com/
2. Martial arts of a mixed and mongrelized variety... a mashup of kenpo, taekwondo, muy thai, boxing, and krav maga. Recently stopped doing it, though, at least for now. https://www.impactdewitt.com/
3. Yep... my son and I usually do at least one mountain each summer, Adirondacks or in this case Catskills. https://catskillmountaineer.com/SMW-giant.html

Also, I should report that I am well under both 6' and 200 lb, though not quite as well under 200 lb as I'd like to be.

I don't believe I've ever seen a rocketeer dancing with bells on his legs before. :tongue:

Back