Our Children's Future: An LDRS34 Teen Group Project

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HEY I HEARD THAT!!!!!!

*looks at 4.5 gram main charge in 2" darkstar, sighs*

I'd be careful, there. I once overloaded that very rocket with a 3 gram charge. The upper section ejected so fiercely that it pulled my kevlar harness away from my motor mount like it was never attached.

Bigger is not always better :wink:

Braden

I'll be there, hiding under my car, I mean watching the flight :)

LOL! Sadly I won't be able to be there but I'll still be cheering for y'all!

Our pad weight is at 104 Lbs. The M3500 gives us a thrust ratio of 6.48:1 off the pad with an all together average thrust ratio of 7.56:1.

We expect about 3,500 Ft.

I do have to admit, given the less than auspicious start @ LDRS and their sensitivity to any risk on the field, I am mildly surprised that MARS is in with this. I am glad they are, just surprised.

I do have to admit, given the less than auspicious start @ LDRS and their sensitivity to any risk on the field, I am mildly surprised that MARS is in with this. I am glad they are, just surprised.

We got this Al. Jim is putting his trailer in escrow to guarantee a good flight.

Oh, that's mine. It was renamed "Rejected Reality". It will also be flying this weekend if all goes well.

You can rename it all you want but it's still the booty rocket. You can't start something like that and expect to hide from it. Good luck with the flight. Post pics.

You can rename it all you want but it's still the booty rocket. You can't start something like that and expect to hide from it. Good luck with the flight. Post pics.
Yeah, that seems to be the general answer. Connor refuses to call it any thing other than big bootay

Thanks!

We hope that everything goes good BEFORE the button is pushed as well! :p
Just make sure the internal wiring doesn't look like a spider web, and use a written check list this time.....:eyeroll:

Bob

Not to worry, this rocket will be undergoing a thorough safety check (by me). Team better have all the right answers to my questions... :cool:

Just make sure the internal wiring doesn't look like a spider web, and use a written check list this time.....:eyeroll:

Bob

The problem wasn't the wiring the wiring actually was very very organized. Every wire is labeled and neatly arranged. But thats besides the point, the problem was the LDA on the Altimeters being too low. This has been fixed by just using different altimeters.

Latest posts

Back