Opening ROCsim files in Open Rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maxitout

Reaction score
I read the thread from a while back on opening a roc sim file (.rkt) in the open rocket program. But, I can't seem to make that work. I have a really old rocsim program, (Version 4). Any ideas out there? Thanks!

How are you trying to do it? I've had no problem opening Rocksim files from the open file function within OR.

I read the thread from a while back on opening a roc sim file (.rkt) in the open rocket program. But, I can't seem to make that work. I have a really old rocsim program, (Version 4). Any ideas out there? Thanks!

I suspect that the version you have is just too old :(

Rocksim changed its file format in version 6 to XML from a proprietary format - I would imagine that only rocksim files from v.6 onwards would open.

Krusty

I suspect that the version you have is just too old :(

Rocksim changed its file format in version 6 to XML from a proprietary format - I would imagine that only rocksim files from v.6 onwards would open.

That's exactly right, only the XML-format of RockSim is supported. To my understanding even new versions of RockSim won't open those files (please correct me if I'm wrong!). I don't know is there a way to convert the old format to the new one.

Cheers,
Sampo N.

Rocksim 7 was the last version that could convert the old format to XML. If someone still has Rocksim 7 laying around, maybe they could convert the design files for you.

Doug

Thanks for all the replies! I suspected something of that nature. Sigh..... Guess I'll just re-do everything in Open Rocket. I knew somebody here would know the answer!

Latest posts

Back