Open rocket over rides

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Nokes

Reaction score
Hello all

I'm pretty new to open rocket sand I have imported a rocksim file to it. The stage has the mass and CG boxes set to override.
Should I leave the settings to override like this or remove the over rides. The file is the loc 4 inch v2.

Thank you

Typically you will remove all the overrides, and enter the weights and other numbers as YOU built it. The downloaded file is either a parts file only from Loc or someone elses build. Your numbers are the ones that are accurate.
And when you've done all that and finished your rocket, put your own CG over rides in that match what you built!

I got an Open Rocket file for a rocket glider and changed most of the metric units to English units. I then read the OR file into the new RockSim-11 program and loaded some motors and ran the simulations. The RockSim predicted altitudes are about 1/3 of the OR predictions. What is wrong? A quick response from Apogee is that the coefficient of drag is different.

Latest posts

Back