Open Rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjp

Reaction score
:cry:Spent 1 hour on open rocket putting in the information on my Blue Bird Zero that I'm building and now after all that,Open Rocket will not let me print out my rocket saying there are bugs and after I saved this in a file,I can't open the file to get to all my work that I put into it.This has been a very bad first and mybe last experience.I'd like to know if this has happened to others:(It's a shame to have to go through this after lose everything.

Printing is in fact still a work in progress. I get around this by doing screen captures. The only thing I need a print out for is a fin template anyway...

You always have the .ork file and can always pull it back up for flight and stability verifications. The only thing you're judging the free software app on is its printing capabilities.

Agree with above...it says right on the OpenRocket website that the print function is currently non functional.

Considering all the functionality it gives you for absolutely free, I'd say it's a pretty good deal.

FC

And actually, as of right now, Open Rocket version 1.1.5 is out...the primary fix looks like, you guessed it, the print system.

So far, it works fine...looks like you can export to PDF, then just print as normal. Initial printing allows for fin templates. No options for things like transitions or centering rings yet.

FC

Last edited:
I tried out the print feature...it has a few quirks(for me, win7 64x). the templates work, 1 template per page. not bad if your rocket only uses one or 2 shapes...for something like an interceptor that is a lot of pages.
the sim data, all the data is metric units...even if the listed units are imperial. the metric I can live with if I know that is what is being used....is a surprise when you're expecting an altitude of 1200 feet and it says 500 feet(or the reported propellant weight of 16.8 oz for an E20-7).

Yeah, A few quirks is a good way of putting it. Still I was able to print some of it. It's getting better.

I am not sure if any of you have tested this out or not but a guy named Kerry Quinn did a utility that can print the templates and transitions. Check it out https://www.foxvalleyrocketeers.org/myframes/reports.htm

I personally haven't tested it, but it might be worth your while.

I have tested Kerry's Utility with previous versions of OR and it's very stable. Only issues is that the utility does require IE to do the rendering of templates. If you're a Linux/Firefox user then it won't work for you.

Printing now works in OR 1.1.5

Next thing is the supersonic speed simulation accuracy

Last edited:
Printing now works in OR 1.1.5

Next thing is the supersonic speed simulation accuracy

Thanks for the good news,I have everything printed.Will use this program on my next rocket.

Back