Open rocket questions

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunderll

Reaction score
I've been using Open Rocket for quite awhile and it serves my purpose well. I see where it says you can import a fin image, but I can't ever make that work. Also, is there any way to import known rocket kits from any source like a library like the LOC IV for example, or is it always done manually? Thanks for any help.

Thanks! I found a file and saved it, then tried to open it, but no luck. Any process required?

When you have a file you want to read/work with, you have to open it from within Open Rocket. Click on the file tab in the upper left, then open. Tell it where the file is and it should read it. Since Open Rocket is not and install, windows has no idea what to do with rkt or ork files and there for you cannot just double click on the file.
I have not tried importing fin files, but a few here have with good results.

The Estes Patriot rocksim file on rocketreviews loads just fine in OpenRocket. Start OpenRocket and use the File->Open menu. OpenRocket will warn you that the model has a 'chute with a spill hole (which OR doesn't support) and will use a normal parachute instead.

Kevin

hello.

someone who can help me please!
I need to modify source of open soft rocket, to perform the simulations constant time intervals.
The author Sampo, told me how, but due to my limited knowledge in java, precluded me compile that file.
I need this to move forward with my thesis, I appreciate if anyone can help.
I leave my mail, [email protected].
thanks

I suggest you start learning Java or write the simulation in a language you do know. For a thesis you probably can do without the wizbang graphics and all that stuff and the aerodynamics should be pretty easy.

Kevin

hello.

someone who can help me please!
I need to modify source of open soft rocket, to perform the simulations constant time intervals.
The author Sampo, told me how, but due to my limited knowledge in java, precluded me compile that file.
I need this to move forward with my thesis, I appreciate if anyone can help.
I leave my mail, [email protected].
thanks

Back