Official AIRFest 19 Info and Updates

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a meeting at the Rooster Cogburn Ostrich Ranch today and confirmed that they they are on board for the launch of the Scrambler!

They will be donating the payload - one fresh organic ostrich egg!

This guy just waned to check out the progress on the rocket!

View attachment 141233

Check them out at Here
Hehehe! This should be good!

OK Folks, since people have been wondering what all we are bringing to the Rocket Pasture, here is a sneak peek!

JPC7_0001_FB.jpg

Picked out the rockets that will be making the 1000 mile road trip with me to Airfest:
IMG_0627.jpg

1. Rocketry Warehouse X-Celerator.
54mm MMT. Needs a switch band and sled built for the Avbay, nomex pads for shock cord and chute, paint and Stickershock decal.
2. Wildman 3" Darkstar is ready to fly. 54mm MMT. Has both Stratologger and RRC3 mounted in avbay, just add ejection charges, motor and dog barf.
3. Energizer Bunny is ready to fly. 54mm minimum diameter. Has Stratologger in avbay, just add ejection charges, motor and dog barf.
4. Wildman Darkstar Jr. is almost ready to fly. 38mm MMT. Move Stratologger into avbay and prep. for flight.
5. LOC Nuke Pro Max "Duke Nukem"
38mm MMT. Move Stratologger into avbay and prep. for flight.
LOC Nuke Pro Max clone "Reduke Nukem" 38mm MMT. Move Stratologger into avbay and prep. for flight.
7. Estes "D" Region Tomahawk "Tommy Two". Flies on 24/60 F35.
8. Estes Executioner. 29mm MMT.
9. Estes Vagabond clone. 29mm MMT.
10. Scratch built "Kick Asspire". 29mm minimum diameter.
11. Dyna-Star "Rip-Roar" clone. Just add two "E" motors and fly it.

Sharon has nine rockets picked out with two that are still being built. We might get hers posted up after this weekend.

Very nice !

Which rocket is flying the new CTI i125 long burn first ?

Is Sharon gonna study the L2 test on the way there ?

Duke vs Duke are you drag racing yourself ?

Good times , show em some Southwest spirit from all of us !

Kenny

I'm bringing about 2/3's of my fleet. Some to fly fly.jpgand some to sell.sale.jpg

Here is my list:

5.5" LOC Minnie Magg
4" Kaken upscale (scratch)
4" Madcow AGM-33 Pike
4" Estes Mega Der Red Max (naked)
3" Madcow FG Batray
2.6" Madcow FG Piranha
2.6" Madcow FG Honest John
2.6" Aerotech Initiator
2.1" PML AMRAAM 2

Plus a few smaller rockets and a few "Frankenrocket" re-builds.

And finally... my FIRST dual deploy:
3" Performance Rocketry Intimidator
I am using an Adept22 and flying it on a K540.

Last edited:
Anyone heard anything back on high altitude applications?

Just a little over a week left, I'm excited.

We are doing an Airfest Special .
If you preorder any Kit we make for delivery at Airfest you will get an extra 10% off if you are a Wildman club member that mean an additional 10% off.
We have all of our kits in stock
Web orders the price will be adjusted in house just put Airfest delivery in the comments section.
We have the new Aerotech single use motors and EZ reloads instock

Plus We will have some onsite specials.
Here is one
The Aerotech 38mm starter set
38/720 case
38/360 case
38 spacer X 2
38 floating forward closure
38 aft closure
38 forward seal disc
Price= to low to publish

So a Gizmo would cost a WC member $106.88, correct?

If you preorder any Kit we make for delivery at Airfest you will get an extra 10% off if you are a Wildman club member that mean an additional 10% off.

So a Gizmo would cost a WC member $106.88, correct?

Good news and bad news...

You're correct on how to calculate the price -- 90% of the Wildman price. That's the good news.

The bad news is that right as I was reading your post, Tim called -- the Gizmo now includes the filament-wound aluminum-tipped fiberglass nosecone, so the price had to go up. That's the bad news.

The Gizmo is now $149.99 / $134.99 for Wildman Club members, or $121.49 in this sale.

-Kevin

I'll be there, as will my grandpa Randall (the crazy hard-hat-wearing old man) 298660_10150271350392434_1397266789_n.jpg

I'll be flying:

My 4"/3" rocket I call "The Mötley Crüise Missile" on an M2250 C-star
5.5" Nike Smoke - K375NW
Darkstar jr - I125, J350W
Estes Fatboy - I218R
PML Amraam 2 - H's

Not sure what my grandpa is flying, but I'm sure it'll be interesting!
See you all there!

Last edited:
Good news and bad news...

You're correct on how to calculate the price -- 90% of the Wildman price. That's the good news.

The bad news is that right as I was reading your post, Tim called -- the Gizmo now includes the filament-wound aluminum-tipped fiberglass nosecone, so the price had to go up. That's the bad news.

The Gizmo is now $149.99 / $134.99 for Wildman Club members, or $121.49 in this sale.

-Kevin

Adding a filament wound nose cone to ANY kit, causing a price increase can never be "Bad News"

Worth every one of the 1500 pennies!!

Is the two stage upgrade for a DS Jr. considered a kit? I've been resisting this for a while, this sale might just push me off the fence.
It's crunch time here, three rockets are approaching the finish line, and two of them need paint. Tomorrow I'm taking the truck in to get the tires balanced and oil changed, then a general check up for the road trip next week.
:w: Here we come Argonia!

I splurged and treated my Honda to a new timing belt, water pump, oil pump gasket, and cam and crankshaft seals. Too bad, I would have loved to have spent that $ on kits and motors. :cry::cry:

Tomorrow I'm taking the truck in to get the tires balanced and oil changed, then a general check up for the road trip next week. :w: Here we come Argonia!

How much ballast do you have in the nose cone?

Somewhere around 3 oz I believe. I could have used less actually, but I wanted the option to fly shorter motors if I felt like it. The total weight of the rocket is 11 oz!

After much deliberation, I'll be there :)

Should be fun - I've had a couple motors sitting around that need to be burned.

After much deliberation, I'll be there :)

Should be fun - I've had a couple motors sitting around that need to be burned.

Awesome, hope to see you there.

By the way, I won't have my tent so you're on your own for shade. :cool:

Awesome, hope to see you there.

By the way, I won't have my tent so you're on your own for shade. :cool:

I'm sure I can find someone to mooch off of...

(it's worked so well for me in the past!)

I'm still on the fence about whether I want to bring any smaller rockets, but I'll definitely at least be bringing my Kraken, along with a CTI N4100 red, so that should be fun (until I have to recover it).

HEY BOB!
What day and time are the large projects going to fly?
Looks like it is going to be hot, so instead of Airfest19 you could call it SB-6. Do you have time to change the T-shirts?
Just kidding and a little pay back for the showers you gave at SB-5.
On a serious note.
Hope set-up went well today.
Appreciate all the work you guys do.

Larry, thanks for reminding me (speaking of range set-up, work, etc.) ...

There are several range duty slots available throughout AIRFest 19 weekend. Please go to the AIRFest web-site (https://www.kloudbusters.org/airfest/), select “Volunteers”, pick a range duty slot or two and sign-up.

There are 32 hours of open range time during AIRFest 19, so giving back 2 hours or 4 hours in Range Duty will still leave plenty of hours to prep and fly your rockets. If everyone takes a shift, then we won’t have any trouble filling the schedule. All volunteers names will go into the volunteer VIP raffle for vendor donated items.

Thanks, --Lance.

OK here are the rockets that the Arizona Rocketry Team will be bringing to Kansas !

AZRT to AIRFest.jpg

Back