Nike Smoke

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skaffgeorge2

Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea at all where I might be able to find a PS ll Nike Smoke?I'm striking out all over the place.There's gotta be one out there somewhere.Anybody??

If you just want a Nike Smoke and aren't stuck on PS II, how about a scratch build? BT70 diameter?

Easy enough to scratch the fins etc, except for the distinctive nose cone. Could fake that with a conical cone and small ring at the bottom, glued to the shoulder.

I've been looking for one of those for a LONG time. I still haven't found one.

If you just want a Nike Smoke and aren't stuck on PS II, how about a scratch build? BT70 diameter?

Easy enough to scratch the fins etc, except for the distinctive nose cone. Could fake that with a conical cone and small ring at the bottom, glued to the shoulder.
Thanks for the suggestion but no.I'm not good at scratch building, I want to build the original model.I don't believe it's so rare that there isn't one around somewhere out there.

Yeah, I saw one on eBay ONCE, but wasn't ready to buy it yet. You could do a 3" scratch build... use apogee tube, custom laser cut fins (There are tons of places that will do that, like rocketry works), and for the nose cone, you can 3d print. Just upscale the nose design from this thingiverse design file:
Thingiverse Nike Smoke and upscale it to 3" diameter and if you don't have a 3d printer you can get Boyce aerospace hobbies: Boyce Aerospace Hobbies to 3d print it for you if you contact them.

Yeah, I saw one on eBay ONCE, but wasn't ready to buy it yet. You could do a 3" scratch build... use apogee tube, custom laser cut fins (There are tons of places that will do that, like rocketry works), and for the nose cone, you can 3d print. Just upscale the nose design from this thingiverse design file:
Thingiverse Nike Smoke and upscale it to 3" diameter and if you don't have a 3d printer you can get Boyce aerospace hobbies: Boyce Aerospace Hobbies to 3d print it for you if you contact them.
3D printer?? I don't,even own a computer..All I have is this lousy phone.I hardly have any tools and my work table is my living room coffee table.it's a small apartment and there's hardly any room to put anything in.

Well, I'll be on the watch for one too.
Good luck! Your going to need it!:)

You could go with the just slightly smaller Cosmodrome kit. http://www.cosmodromerocketry.com/NikeSmoke.html
+1 on this. Cosmodrome might be your best chance for a mid-power Nike Smoke. See discussion below.

https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/is-cosmodrome-rocketry-still-selling-kits.180642/
Another possible option is the SBR Fusion 3" Nike Smoke. It seems to show up as limited runs from time to time. Email the owner about status.

Unfortunately, mid-power Nike Smokes are just not available.

Then I will let you know when I post mine. Based on history, expect it to go for $200-300.
Chuck, are you meaning $200-$300 USD for an Estes Pro Series II Nile Smoke kit? I may have misunderstood you.

Estes really needs to bring this kit back on line.
If the PSII Nike Smoke kit had sold well during it's run it would still be available.
None of the original PSII models sold well enough to keep the line alive so they were discontinued.

If the PSII Nike Smoke kit had sold well during it's run it would still be available.
None of the original PSII models sold well enough to keep the line alive so they were discontinued.

There you go making sense again Bob! Dontcha know the second something goes OOP it transmogrifies into the best thing ever?

Of all the older PSII builder kits I wish I’d bought a Nike Smoke during the fire sales - I really need to get that Cosmodrome kit ordered…

Back