Old classics

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skaffgeorge2

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, what old classic kits does every one have in their collection?I have a few, a Centuri LaserX, Centuri Nike Smoke,MPC Flare Patriot and Nike Patriot and the Estes Maxi Streak.Also the FSI Vikings 1 and 2.Looking to find as many oldies as I can.

Classics, What do you mean? Any Bar could name these from their first time around. When I became a BAR, I wanted to build the expensive or difficult ones that I missed when I was a youngster. None are original issues. Most are Semroc. Most are crowd pleasers. At the 2022 NARAM, upon seeing the Amazing Point, Trip Barber said, "It's been a long time since I saw one of those."
20230625_143621.jpg

From the old Estes days I still have my X-Ray, Gemini Titan, Apogee II, Arcas, Ranger. I have clones of the Centuri Aerodart and Centuri Javelin. These are fairly recent photos. All of these rockets are over 50 years old.Titan.jpgApogeeII.jpgArcas.jpgRanger.jpgXRay.jpg

Attachments

• ASP.jpg
    ASP.jpg
    393.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Classics, What do you mean? Any Bar could name these from their first time around. When I became a BAR, I wanted to build the expensive or difficult ones that I missed when I was a youngster. None are original issues. Most are Semroc. Most are crowd pleasers. At the 2022 NARAM, upon seeing the Amazing Point, Trip Barber said, "It's been a long time since I saw one of those."
View attachment 588699
Well the Vikings are originals, and so are the Nike Smoke and LaserX.The Laser was a 60th birthday present from my brother.He passed on two years later in October of 2022, so it has a lot of sentimental value for me.It came still sealed in the original package.All the parts were in perfect condition after 50 years.

Estes Mid/Late 1970s - Late 1980s…all built and flown…
Mini Mars Lander
Nike Smoke
Fat Boy (orig)
Der V
Corkscrew
Helio Copter
Super Big Bertha
Mini Space Shuttle
FireHawk (orig)
Dasher
Zipper
Mega Sizz