Nice, France

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not spying if it is publicly posted, as are your posts on Facebook or our posts right here on TRF. You sound worried, Peter. Are you now or have you ever been a Constitutional Conservative? Are you ruled by fear?

As for the assassination of police officers in Dallas and elsewhere, if these are only domestic issues then why is the FEDERAL Bureau of Investigation still involved? Yes, Dallas is in Texas and Orlando is in Florida. Waco is also in Texas and everyone was happy waiting for the Second Coming until the ATF started shooting dogs and disturbing the peace. You apparently don't believe in God as evidenced by your Facebook posts, so you have nothing to fear.

BTW, how's that pot thing working out in Colorado?

Why do you even care what other people believe in?

Obviously better than you think. Have you heard of any groundswell of protest? Not from the State Treasury I'm sure. The ONLY complaints come from LAW and the private prisons. Even conservative Republicans are behind the initiative because it's making money and THAT'S all they really care about. I think gang activity is down as well as crime in general. This holds true in all the states it's been legalized in. It's a bad arguing point, the truth is winning out over Government Propaganda...finally...

Well Dave, I'm all for keeping the masses sedated. It saves the taxpayers from building more courts and hiring more prosecutors. Maybe one day the stoners will rule the world. Nirvana.

Why do you even care what other people believe in?

I don't. I was only responding to PO's allegations. Actually, I like atheists, especially those who admit it and display their contempt for people of faith.

Did anyone else hear that open civil war has broken out in the Celebrity Twitterverse? Kanye West versus Taylor Swift, and we all have to choose a side!

I don't enough faith...

To be an atheist...

Your best post yet. Beauty in form, economy, heft, etc. ......... this is actual poetry. Well done.

Oh, and by the way, you could try being an agnostic, that could work.

s6

Did anyone else hear that open civil war has broken out in the Celebrity Twitterverse? Kanye West versus Taylor Swift, and we all have to choose a side!

Which side gets to claim that God told them they could solve the problem with guns?

s6

Which side gets to claim that God told them they could solve the problem with guns?

s6

The Dallas police solved their problem with C-4 and a robot. I wonder if they'll make a civilian version? And BTW, what was wrong with C-3?

Your best post yet. Beauty in form, economy, heft, etc. ......... this is actual poetry. Well done.

Oh, and by the way, you could try being an agnostic, that could work.

s6

I wish, but it is not mine...

I was quoting a Christian author...

Agnostics are truly enigmas...

They believe in nothing and everything...

At the same time...

I wish, but it is not mine...

I was quoting a Christian author...

Agnostics are truly enigmas...

They believe in nothing and everything...

At the same time...

"There seem to be many people who simply wish to be told an answer, any answer, and thereby avoid the burden of keeping two mutually exclusive possibilities in their heads at the same time" - Carl Sagan.

My question to you is......is being an enigma necessarily a bad thing?

s

"There seem to be many people who simply wish to be told an answer, any answer, and thereby avoid the burden of keeping two mutually exclusive possibilities in their heads at the same time" - Carl Sagan.

My question to you is......is being an enigma necessarily a bad thing?

s

Have you not been paying attention...

Scary black guns are the only bad things...

Folks in this thread that are nervous that there will be a bunch of hate dumped on Muslims, and keep repeating phrases such as, "We can't blame all Muslims blah blah blah" I say that you're correct. Muslims don't seem to be the problem.

Radical Muslims are the problem. And they've very helpfully decided to band together in a club called ISIS, or ISIL, or whatever they're called these days. It makes it easier to identify the bad guys. If you're a member of that club, you're a target. If you're a Muslim and not a member of ISIS, you're not a target. People that are not members of ISIS can definitely become targets by certain actions, but I believe that as a member that stands with the terrorists you should be a target even if you haven't personally been up to terrorist activities. Being a member is enough of an activity to get you on the kill list.

I'd like to order an enigma wrapped in mystery please, but please hold the riddle (I'm gluten intolerant), and could I get fries with that?
s6

Can I get anything wrapped in bacon? Preferably deep-fried...

You need to go to the state fair for that.

(The bacon wrapped enigma stuffed riddle)

The Loctite is free with any order over $10.00

Folks in this thread that are nervous that there will be a bunch of hate dumped on Muslims, and keep repeating phrases such as, "We can't blame all Muslims blah blah blah" I say that you're correct. Muslims don't seem to be the problem.

Radical Muslims are the problem. And they've very helpfully decided to band together in a club called ISIS, or ISIL, or whatever they're called these days. It makes it easier to identify the bad guys. If you're a member of that club, you're a target. If you're a Muslim and not a member of ISIS, you're not a target. People that are not members of ISIS can definitely become targets by certain actions, but I believe that as a member that stands with the terrorists you should be a target even if you haven't personally been up to terrorist activities. Being a member is enough of an activity to get you on the kill list.

You will probably be surprised but I mostly agree with you here.

That said, there is the slightly troublesome detail about exactly what constitutes "standing with the terrorists". I don't think there is any question about someone in ISIL "uniform" actively threatening with a gun/explosives/knife/weapon, or actively recruiting jihadists, or raising money for the cause, or any of that. I doubt you would find anyone here (including those pesky liberals) that would disagree that this person is the enemy and should be treated as such.

But what about someone who says things in public that are in general sympathy for their cause, even partially?
What about someone who visits jihadist websites, reads their material, or re-tweets something in support?
What about someone who "has ties" in the form of relatives, however distant, who may do the things above, or even be outright "members"?
What about someone who has recently visited an area where ISIL holds some power or influence?
What about someone who doesn't shout "death to the terrorists!" quite loud enough at your local gathering?
And for all these things above, does it make a difference if the person in question is a Muslim or not?

Do any of these conditions above merit someone automatically being "on the kill list?"
And who gets to decide, by what criteria, with or without a fair trial?
And if so, do you REALLY think that this is in keeping with American (or even Christian) values?

If you're a Muslim and not a member of ISIS, you're not a target.
On this point I can't disagree with you more. I honestly think you are being pretty naïve or disingenuous here.

s6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back