New to the forum!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

birdy233

Reaction score
Hello,

New to the forum, picked up some rockets after a long, long absence from the hobby. I fly 3D and Pattern RC airplanes and one of the guys I fly with had brought some of his rockets out to the field to fly, low and behold it brought back some fond memories of our grade school rocket club.

So I picked up a few rockets (ok, about a dozen but still cheaper than one plane). Alot has changed since I was last into the hobby and look forward to learning and building!

Jeff in Dallas

Welcome to the forum!

A lot of tech has changed since then, but the physics are all the same.

Greg

A few that I finished up. Also, putting finishing touches on an Estes Executioner too.

rkt.jpg

rkt1.jpg

Welcome back to the hobby. Great job on those two. My baby Bertha is usually the first to fly when we launch to gauge the wind. It is always a great flier. I have a big Daddy waiting to be modded and built. Just wait till you start flying composite motors, the first one will make you say "WOW!", unless you already have, then you know what I mean. Take it easy and have fun with the rebirth.
Matt

I ordered up the Aerotech Initiator Starter Set along with the Aerotech G-Force, so looking forward to those!

Welcome back to the hobby. Great job on those two. My baby Bertha is usually the first to fly when we launch to gauge the wind. It is always a great flier. I have a big Daddy waiting to be modded and built. Just wait till you start flying composite motors, the first one will make you say "WOW!", unless you already have, then you know what I mean. Take it easy and have fun with the rebirth.
Matt

Try replacing the fins of the Baby Bertha with a set of six BT-60 tube fins (about 2" long) - it gives the straightest flights and is a great flyer!

Welcome! Nice rockets!

The real fun comes from designing your own from the ground up. You learn quickly what will work and what will shake itself apart at 400 km/hr (like I did when I was a kid.....back in the Cretaceous period...).

WOW! Nice job on them thar rockets. Looks like Big Daddy is coming for dinner.:D

Welcome to TRF and back to rocketry :)

You learn quickly, grasshopper (pix by his second post!) :D

Enjoy, ready, contribute. That way we all win!

jim

Latest posts

Back