New to the Forum

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thecapotc

Reaction score
I'm new here, and most likely going to lurk for the most part since my favorite daily read (the Model Rocket Building Blog which I found and got me back into model rockets) is very sadly no longer active.

I'm pretty much a BAR as I took like 25 years off, I was 13 and had an Estes Airwalker, Hawkeye, Bullpup 12D, a 3FNC from scratch in a highschool shop class, a two-stage Estes kit I can't remember, and an unfinished Estes V2. Then some things (girls, cars, college) happened.

Now I've been back into LPR for the past couple of years because I found MRBB. Since coming back I've somehow started a 4H Rocketry club, built an LOC IV and 4" T-LOC as fundraisers (knocked the motors down to 29mm to keep apogee around 800') for said club, and built an Alpha, Dark Zero, Red Nova, and Star Trooper for myself.

Given my short time being into rockets as a kid my favorite, most desired Estes kit of all time is the AIM 54C Phoenix. I was gifted a complete unopened kit from a friend a couple years ago that he found in a closet so once the build pile gets down (Goblin, downscale cloned Shadow/Optima, ESAM-58/Bullpup 12D kitbash, upscale cloned Hawkeye, Super Chief 2, and two Patriot M104 things from unfinished kid kits) and my skills go up it'll be on to the Phoenix.

Welcome!

I'm pretty much a BAR as I took like 25 years off, I was 13 and had an Estes Airwalker, Hawkeye, Bullpup 12D, a 3FNC from scratch in a highschool shop class, a two-stage Estes kit I can't remember, and an unfinished Estes V2. Then some things (girls, cars, college) happened.

Well, now you're a BAR that girl thing won't happen any more so enjoy your new-old hobby. 😆

I'm new here, and most likely going to lurk for the most part since my favorite daily read (the Model Rocket Building Blog which I found and got me back into model rockets) is very sadly no longer active.

Now I've been back into LPR for the past couple of years because I found MRBB. Since coming back I've somehow started a 4H Rocketry club, built an LOC IV and 4" T-LOC as fundraisers (knocked the motors down to 29mm to keep apogee around 800') for said club, and built an Alpha, Dark Zero, Red Nova, and Star Trooper for myself.

Given my short time being into rockets as a kid my favorite, most desired Estes kit of all time is the AIM 54C Phoenix. I was gifted a complete unopened kit from a friend a couple years ago that he found in a closet so once the build pile gets down (Goblin, downscale cloned Shadow/Optima, ESAM-58/Bullpup 12D kitbash, upscale cloned Hawkeye, Super Chief 2, and two Patriot M104 things from unfinished kid kits) and my skills go up it'll be on to the Phoenix.
Welcome to the Forum. Greetings from Southern Nevada.

The only girls I'm chasing now are my daughters, and I'm better at catching them than I ever was at catching cute girls before I went car crazy. Mostly because my girls can't drive yet.

Unlike girls I was chasing back then my girls do enjoy rockets ... mostly the painting/artistic side of it. My youngest decided to paint and glue lace onto her Big Bertha (converted to 3 fins after losing one) for 4H. My older loves hand painting especially with paint markers, the details don't show well but she spent quite a few hours on the Baby Bertha details for 4H too.

Attachments

• IMG_3302.JPG
    IMG_3302.JPG
    996.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3301.JPG
    IMG_3301.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Back