NARAM47 event schedule

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chanstevens

Reaction score
Apologies if this gets parsed funny, but the following events are listed in order of the flight day planned at NARAM. The altitude events were split up on purpose to promote better flow through the range. On all-altitude days, the range tends to get clogged with the RSO holding flights pending communication of tracking data. This way, we can get duration birds in the air while calling in tracking data.

Class Event Type Divisions WF Day
¼A Helicopter Duration All 20 Monday
½A Boost Glide Duration All 17 Monday
A Cluster Altitude All 16 Tuesday
B Super Roc Altitude All 15 Tuesday
C Streamer Multiround All 14 Wednesday
Set Duration All 8 Wednesday
D Dual Eggloft Duration C 27 Thursday
E Dual Eggloft Duration A, B 27 Thursday
Open Spot Landing All 4 Thursday
Research & Development All 36 Thursday PM
Plastic Model Conversion All 28 Friday
Giant Sport Scale All 20 Friday

P.S.--traditional Sunday turn-in of PMC, (giant) sport scale, and R & D reports will still apply.

If I may be so bold, try this table, which I think I have parsed correctly:

Code:
Class	Event		Type	      Divisions	WF	Day
¼A	Helicopter	Duration	All	20	Monday
½A	Boost Glide	Duration	All	17	Monday
A	Cluster		Altitude	All	16	Tuesday
B	Super Roc	Altitude	All	15	Tuesday
C	Streamer	Multiround	All	14	Wednesday
	Set		Duration	All	8	Wednesday
D	Dual Eggloft	Duration	C	27	Thursday
E	Dual Eggloft	Duration	A, B	27	Thursday
	Open Spot Landing		All	4	Thursday
	Research & Development		All	36	Thursday PM
	Plastic Model Conversion	All	28	Friday
	Giant Sport Scale		All	20	Friday

Thank you for parsing correctly. Now I have the pleasure of informing the group that the schedule is the "old" file. New file is coming shortly (later today). Someone on contestroc was quick enough to catch that after pointing out the intentional split of altitude, the schedule didn't reflect that. Look for a revision this afternoon.

Class Event Type Divisions WF Day
C Streamer MR All 14 Monday
Set Duration All 8 Monday
A Cluster Altitude All 16 Tuesday
½A BG Duration All 17 Tuesday
B SR Altitude All 15 Wednesday
¼A Heli Duration All 20 Wednesday
D Dual Egg Duration C 27 Thursday
E Dual Egg Duration A, B 27 Thursday
OSL All 4 Thursday
R & D All 36 Thursday PM
PMC All 28 Friday
Giant SpSc All 20 Friday

All it takes, btw, is to surround the list with (code) and (/code) tags, replacing the parentheses with square brackets. That, and getting the number of tabs correct so the columns line up nicely.

Code:
Class	Event		Type		Divisions	WF	Day
C	Streamer	MR		All		14	Monday
	Set		Duration	All		8	Monday
A	Cluster		Altitude	All		16	Tuesday
½A	BG		Duration	All		17	Tuesday
B	SR		Altitude	All		15	Wednesday
¼A	Heli		Duration	All		20	Wednesday
D	Dual Egg	Duration	C		27	Thursday
E	Dual Egg	Duration	A, B		27	Thursday
	OSL				All		4	Thursday
	R & D				All		36	Thursday PM
	PMC				All		28	Friday
	Giant SpSc			All		20	Friday

Thanks for the schedule updates. A big help to everyone, I am sure. I am planning to be there all week, but it's still good to know what's supposed to be going on each day.

how about the schedule for the rest of the events?
social dinner, town hall meeting, etc.

I do not have an evening event schedule for release, though I do have lots of requests for one. Please direct your requests on this front to Mark Fisher, the contest director. He's working out the schedule, I'm collecting money and registrations. I seem to have defaulted into PR/Communications guy, and will be trying to wiggle back out of that role. Mark's contact info is on the NARAM.org website.

If I get anything, I'll cross post it here, as he's not a TRF member/frequent visitor.

Originally posted by chanstevens
I do not have an evening event schedule for release, though I do have lots of requests for one. Please direct your requests on this front to Mark Fisher, the contest director. He's working out the schedule, I'm collecting money and registrations. I seem to have defaulted into PR/Communications guy, and will be trying to wiggle back out of that role. Mark's contact info is on the NARAM.org website.

TRF may not be the best forum for this question, but since the iron's hot and many NARAM attendees may read this, here goes...

When are things expected by NARAM attendees?

For the benefit of future NARAM organizers, it would be useful if there was some kind of a list of "deliverables" and the deadline by which they are generally expected to become available. Such as
  • list of competition events - usually included in the NARAM bid to the NAR
  • web site
  • official motel - must be announced well before receiving the registration packet
  • application form - hardcopy by last issue of Model Rocketeer before NARAM
  • application form online
  • HP impulse and altitude limits for sport range
  • detailed schedule of events: competition, fun, evening
  • list of vendors to be present (I know, highly subject to change)
  • camping, whether allowed at the field and alternative nearby facilities
  • maps indicating location and driving instructions to the motel and launch site
  • contest and sport range layout
  • range policies beyond those customary to most launch sites
  • other?

The absolute deadline for many of these is early enough to put into the NARAM registration packet. Unfortunately, many hosting teams do not realize how many walk-ons there may be who do not decide until the last minute whether to attend and that the information on the web site is instrumental when making that decision.

When we hosted NARAM, we were getting some grief that the official motel was not announced until January. I understand the need to make a reservation in advance, but 7 months seems ample.

Bill

Back