NARAM deadlines & updates

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chanstevens

Reaction score
A few administrative details and announcements for public consumption:

The waiver is officially approved at 3600 feet. Given that altitude and our field size, we're going to generally enforce J motor limit. If you have a big, draggy K (saucer, pyramid, etc) we'll consider it but would ask that if you're wanting to fly a K, you send us details in advance so that there's no friction later. We can support L1 and L2 certification flights, and if you'd like to cert and notify us in advance, we'll have some type of freebie or gift for you upon successful certification.

The hotel is again at or near sellout status for our block of rooms on some nights. If you still haven't booked, then you haven't been paying attention to my previous warnings, which means you're probably not paying attention to this one either, but ever the optimist I'll keep trying to accommodate folks. If you've tried to book but not been able to get in for all your nights at our rate, contact me offline at chanstevens at gmail dot com and I will make one more push for enough rooms to get you in.You would have to let me know by midnight Thursday 6/16 and would have to be prepared to make your reservation by Monday 6/20. No matter what, any rooms we have left on our block are dropped on Friday 6/24, so anyone trying to book after that date is going to have to stay somewhere else nearby, or will find out just how great a job I did getting our rate down at the Marriott :).

Contest registrations are allowed right up to the minute we close down check-in the last Friday of the meet, but we're hoping you'll register well before then. After June 30th, there will be a $20 late fee tacked on to any contest registration (sport fees are unaffected). We will shut down all online registration at 6:00 PM July 15th. After that point, contest and sport registrations will only be done via walk-up starting Friday night 7/22 at the hotel. You can try contacting me offline during that week in an effort to register, but I'll warn you I'm likely to be so stressed out over other last-minute disasters that I'll wind up assigning you to two range duty shift teams instead of one (accidentally, of course).

You might want to check out a few updates to our web page--we've arranged deeply discounted tickets to King's Island amusement park (under 10 minutes from the hotel) as well as The Beach water park (also <10 minutes). If enough people are interested, we can get a special guided tour at Wright-Patt and/or discounted tickets to the Cincinnati Zoo (no-charge/no obligation "registration" online so we know how many might be interested).

While I doubt this is quite as competitive as SMASH's milked-from-the-cow-the-day-before type ice cream freshness, I've arranged for a local merchant to provide locally produced delicious ice cream at the field daily, as well as some semi-catered lunch option which may vary daily (target cost is about $7.50 or less per person). We're also working on on-field breakfast options for those who might pass on the Marriott restaurant's options and wish for something a bit better than batter-fried chunks of mystery fast food meat-like substances.

I'd also be remiss if I didn't point out one other important deadline--with the first contest flights starting 6 weeks from today, that means there are only 41 building days left (40 for craftsmanship). That means you've only got about 39-40 more days to idle away before you get started. For those of you who REALLY enjoy putting things off until the last minute, I'll remind you that our deal with the hotel includes all week access to one downstairs "meeting room" that will be available as a rocket building room (no painting). Seriously. I couldn't arrange for half the rooms on our floors to be remodeled and gutted wide open like Randy did for N49, but I at least got them to let us work in one room whenever we need to...

--Chan Stevens
Contest and Cruise Director

Back