My homemade launcher M-H power

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sodmeister

Reaction score
Well speaking of homemade launchers ,here is one I made last summer.It`s made mostly of 1/4" thick aluminum plate and anodized aluminum tubing with some thickwalled aluminum square tube.All the bolts and hardware is mostly stainless steel .The launch rail is 1010 (1" square) and 6 feet long ,but I also have a spare 8foot long rail.The blast gate is 18 gauge polished stainless steel ,with a cross break for strength.The blast shield measures 12 x 14 " not including the portion that bends up and around the launch rail.There is a large turnbuckle for angle adjustment and quick release of the top plate (which is hinged) to allow lowering the rail for loading projectiles.
For transport the rail is removed via 4 thumbscrews as are the 4 legs.
The entire rig weighs in at about 30 pounds.

I`m now in the finishing stages of building a larger launcher.Stay tunes for this one ;)

Paul

php3PYwqrPM.jpg

phpnffx86PM.jpg

phpqIU2icAM.jpg

Attachments

• phpANx64ePM.jpg
    phpANx64ePM.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 24
  • phpTn5QnrPM.jpg
    phpTn5QnrPM.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 26
Nice looking pad. I built one recently using a PVC base and loosely following a design I found on EMRR.

What do you call those fittings that attach into the turnbuckle? I haven't seen those before.

Nice looking pad. I built one recently using a PVC base and loosely following a design I found on EMRR.

What do you call those fittings that attach into the turnbuckle? I haven't seen those before.

I`m not sure what they are called (kind of like whishbones) they come with the turnbuckles.In any case ,they come in very handy and save time having to modify the ends.

Paul

I found it in the McMaster catalog. They call it a jaw end.

Back