Music Break: Post Your Favorite Music the 2000's

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the 2000s I started to expand my musical taste from the typical "scene kid" bands like I listed in the 90s post and started listening to melodic death metal like Insomnium, Arch Enemy, and Amon Amarth as well as the symphonic metal bands like Nightwish. I still listened (and do) different types of metal and hardcore, punk and indie/alternative rock.

I'm sure there's some out there.....

There's a few songs I like, but there's no Zeppelin, Styx, or Yes in the queue...... Lot's of knock-offs though. I feel extra-old when I find one from 1999 and think its newer.

In many cases, they have auto-tuned the life out of music.

"Are you familiar with the 'Harmonic Convergence'?"
"No."
"A rare and powerful astrological occurrence. A magnifier of magic.
There have been four. Extinction of the dinosaurs, Pompeii, the sinking of Atlantis and the invention of Auto-Tune".

-Daniella Marcus-
"The Magicians"

Is 2011 part of the 2000s?

Mikael Stanne joining Niilo on stage in a small club would have been a highlight of the decade for most people in the crowd when this was filmed.

Music up close, raw and nasty is the best to music me, by far. I grew up with live music in the living room, out in the shop, on the patio, etc.
This is a longtime friend of mine on rhythm guitar here backing up Scotty Anderson. Those two had jammed together twice before this.
The rest of these guys just met and are playing together for the first time at my brother's house.

From 2001, IIRC. Apologies for the poor A/V, my father just pulled out his camcorder and taped it.

From about 2005 to 2015, Gogol Bordello was one of the best live shows around. Pure energy, and one of the most eclectic fan bases. You'd go to the show and see teenagers all the way up to 60- and 70-year olds rockin' out and dancing.

I'm sure there's some out there.....

There's a few songs I like, but there's no Zeppelin, Styx, or Yes in the queue...... Lot's of knock-offs though. I feel extra-old when I find one from 1999 and think its newer.

Or sampled the crap out of the good stuff... harmony is an endangered species.

Back