Music Break: Post Your Favorite 80s Songs...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joy Division - the eternal

An enveloping cloud of hope and despair. listen to the whole album, Closer.

The The - Uncertain Smile

Come for the beat, stay for the hooks....

Sad Lovers and Giants - In Flux

synth used for good not for evil...

Mission of Burma -Your Academy

What pop music could have been...

Savage Republic - Film Noir

Soundtrack to someone else's life...

Too many to list, but here are a few I thought of immediately:

Motorhead: Ace of Spades
AC/DC: Back in Black
Metallica: Orion
Rush: Subdivisions
Dire Straits: Walk of Life.

Way too many to list for sure, but by reading that list, you could probably figure out a bunch more of them I loved.

So I realized I never posted anything in this thread (though I usually do for all the music/listening threads). So, I'll catch up and list what amounts to a "taste" of what an 80's playlist would look like for me. Yes it will be a bunch of videos (in probably four posts). Starting with these:

s6

And some of this too:

I'll stop there, cause I'm sure some of y'all will think that's quite enough. But there's more....LOTS more. I've left out so much.

s6

Don't you hate it when you have a fragment of a tune stuck in your head, and you can't for the life of you remember what the song it was part of? Well that happened to me tonight... and for a moment there it was "Touch And Go"...

This one has recently bored it's way into my ear like one of Khan's earworms. Think he might have been "Snowblind" when he wrote this IDK. ;)

I think this version he did a few years ago with the kid's orchestra is a jam! The conductor was definitely feelin' it. :)

Alphaville Forever Young... arguably the best song EVER for an 80s teen.

Love this song.

I have to confess the first version I heard was Laura Branigan's cover. And since we were all in love with Laura back in the 80's, it will always be my favorite.

And speaking of living forever...

Back