Model Car Paint?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DerekDRP

Reaction score
Good model car paint I can use in the house while I wait for the testor mini air compressor and brush set? Btw it will be a month or 2 before i can get the set and the duster is allmost finished.

dusterundercarrage.jpg

dusterparts.jpg

dusterbody3.jpg

dusterbuild2.jpg

dusterbuild.jpg

I actually had one of those cars...

Mine was this really strange metallic sort-of-lime-green color.

plymouth-duster-1971b.jpg

looks like the one you are building is the 340 Six Pack.

Mine started out with a 318 small V8 and ended it's life with something about 108 cubic inches and 400HP bigger.

Died a tragic death though. I was out late one night at the midnight races and a bozo with a bit too much beer in him (this was when you could drink at 18) slammed into the rear quarter in a rebuilt 1958 Chevrolet main battle tank.

Could not afford to rebuild it and went away to college instead...

Originally posted by Hospital_Rocket
I actually had one of those cars...

Mine was this really strange metallic sort-of-lime-green color.

plymouth-duster-1971b.jpg

looks like the one you are building is the 340 Six Pack.

Mine started out with a 318 small V8 and ended it's life with something about 108 cubic inches and 400HP bigger.

Died a tragic death though. I was out late one night at the midnight races and a bozo with a bit too much beer in him (this was when you could drink at 18) slammed into the rear quarter in a rebuilt 1958 Chevrolet main battle tank.

Could not afford to rebuild it and went away to college instead...

Sad story but it dont tell me what I should buy pen paint or bottle paint lol.

Oh

I thought you were looking for a color, hence the picture. (The story was just reminiscing) I would not try to finish the car using the paint pens. It will look like you used a magic marker. Go for the bottle.

Thats what I was thinking too. But I dont know how many little bottles I can buy for liek $10 ( $2 of the dollors will need to be for e a 2 liter of docter pepper & testors plastic cemet.)

The only paints you can really use safely inside are acrylics and they really are better sprayed.I would wait until you can use either spray cans or bottled paints in your compressor.......outside.

Stopped by trains & things hobbies to pick up some paint and glue and I found my next rocket ( some big fella ) I mean allmost as tall as Iam and it was like skill lvl 2 i think

I've been using testor model master acrylics with my airbrush inside alot recently. Dosen't smell at all..They work pretty well, and you don't have to thin them terribly if you get the brush set right.

Is your brush a single or double action? Did you get it yet?

Back