Midwest Power 11 Chicago Rocket Mafia T-Shirts.......

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Calling all family members, after long discussions with the Godfather(I really thought I was being fitted for cement sneakers!!), Jim "Ghost Rider" Scarpine has been given his own crew and promoted to "Underboss" (Gus,If you can change the shirt fine,if not thats ok too). Carolina Rocket Mafia is alive and well with 16 members so far. A big fat envelope will be finding its way towards Chi Town on a weekly basis!!

Aint this all so much fun??, I love it!!

I forgot that Sather is a poet, and a good one at that. Sather, when you get a chance, post some of your poetry. Do your "19 laws of rocketry" count as poetry? That's one of my favorites. If you look closely, you can see that it was taped to our wall in some of the shots of us on the Science Channel.

Holy Cow! All our names fit on the shirt!:surprised:

That was SOME serious editing, reediting, scratching out, scratching in......sizing and, then some.....

I would have too say that it was the most fun that i've had with my pants on......for years.......;)

Some of you, (Whose email addresses i have.) will be getting an email soon to preview the design.....I hope you enjoy it!:D

As said before, i will list on Sunday all the names, nicknames and, sizes for FINAL review....

Thanks again everyone!:wave:

"Most fun i've had with my pants on for years....?" "What kind of fortune cookies does this *clown* eat.....?"

Calling all family members, after long discussions with the Godfather(I really thought I was being fitted for cement sneakers!!), Jim "Ghost Rider" Scarpine has been given his own crew and promoted to "Underboss" (Gus,If you can change the shirt fine,if not thats ok too). Carolina Rocket Mafia is alive and well with 16 members so far. A big fat envelope will be finding its way towards Chi Town on a weekly basis!!

Aint this all so much fun??, I love it!!

Jim.... I apologize that I missed the name change in your post....
I will correct the Proof by Sunday when it is posted along with all the other information!

Jim "Underboss" Scarpine.....it is.;)

I'd like to petition to change a name to Jim "Two Timer" Hendricksen :)

-Kevin

......Just need to find.....Sather...
I mean i know he's around here somewhere.....:surprised:

Now where could he be:confused:

I wasn't lost... just one of the unlucky few that doesn't have internet access at my workplace, and sometimes I am out of touch for days at a time. Glad to be back in the states (and on the ground) for a few days. And very grateful to have snuck in under the deadline for this. Thanks to Gus for taking the initiative and making this happen.

May I suggest Sather "Two Fin" Ranum... cuz when he sees something;

ANYTHING

EVERYTHING

He just wants to put two big fins on it, shove a V-max in the bottom, and push the button. (Which is actually completely untrue, since he puts a ton of thought into everything he builds... but it does always end up something with 2 big fins, and a V-max :wink:)

Hey, I've gone thru my flight logs just to be sure. Jayhawks constitute way less than half of my fleet, and I fly a LOT more White Lightning / White Thunder than Vmax. In fact, Ben and I are going to attempt to fly the alphabet ("A" thru "O") at MWP this year, and there is only one Vmax in the lineup.

(Three Jayhawks, though.)

I forgot that Sather is a poet, and a good one at that. Sather, when you get a chance, post some of your poetry. Do your "19 laws of rocketry" count as poetry? That's one of my favorites. If you look closely, you can see that it was taped to our wall in some of the shots of us on the Science Channel.

Well, it doesn't rhyme... but re-printed by popular demand...

"There are rules for our great endeavor....

LAW 1:

Your best launch ever will be followed almost immediately by
your worst launch ever. The probability of the latter increases
with the number of people you tell about the former who then
come to witness the latter.

LAW 2:

Trees, water, and power lines eat rockets. In fact, that the more
expensive the rocket, the greater its attraction to the aforementioned
hazards.

LAW 3:

Rockets never fall off of trees on their own. If one does, the tree
is breaking a fundamental law of the universe and should be cut
down.

LAW 4:

A professionally painted rocket will look totally awesome prior to
it's first flight.

LAW 5:

The off-range car you accidentally hit will be owned by a football
player, a professional wrestler, a convicted murderer, or an IRS
agent.

LAW 6:

The off-range house you accidentally hit will be owned by a BATFE
agent.

LAW 7:

Rockets from the same "manufacturer" (you) tend to follow one another,
particularly into trees or into the water. See LAW 2.

LAW 8 (also called "Tim's Law"):

A mach shred is a thing of awesome power and beauty.

LAW 9:

The smallest motor will start the biggest range fire.

LAW 10:

Your next launch opportunity will automatically adjust your fleet
size to what it really should be.

LAW 11:

Rocketry should be given up at least once per month.

LAW 12:

Since bad launches come in groups of three, your fourth
consecutive bad launch is really the beginning of the next group
of three.

LAW 13:

When you look up at a wayward rocket, you will always
look down again at exactly the moment when you should have
continued watching the rocket if you ever wanted to see it again.

LAW 14:

50/50 chance the person finding your rocket will return it to you.

LAW 15:

Putting your name on your rocket will ensure the person who found
it knows who NOT to respond to on ebay. (see LAW 14)

LAW 16:

You can land on a 200 acre field 10% of the time, and a 2-inch
branch 50 feet up a tree 90% of the time.

LAW 17:

Every time a rocketeer has a perfect flight, he must subsequently
lose two rockets to restore the fundamental equilibrium of the
universe.

LAW 18:

There are one thing you can learn by attaching a vide camera
to your rocket... how insanely expensive video cameras really
are.

LAW 19:

A rocket you can see in the field from 50 yards away is not yours."

Hey, I've gone thru my flight logs just to be sure. Jayhawks constitute way less than half of my fleet, and I fly a LOT more White Lightning / White Thunder than Vmax. In fact, Ben and I are going to attempt to fly the alphabet ("A" thru "O") at MWP this year, and there is only one Vmax in the lineup.

(Three Jayhawks, though.)
One Vmax in the lineup for you.

I'll squeeze in a couple... :duck:

Well, it doesn't rhyme... but re-printed by popular demand...

LAW 9:

The smallest motor will start the biggest range fire.

Doesn't have too rhyme......*OH-$#!%!! Doesn't translate well in German either........:eek:

Boy oh boy do i KNOW this one....So far i think i have contributed in at least three states so far.....:facepalm:

Would like too point out that i would have never thought that we would garner so much attention too this.......Right now were catching up to the latest thread about Airfest rather quickly.
I just have this vision of arriving in a quiet "Pasture" at Argonia and, having Lance and, Bob pull me aside for a *talking too*.....
"Thank's Dude....your friggin post about that %$#@^&'n shirt....stole our thunder.....Everyone forgot we were having an event this weekend...."

Reese coming back after Red Glare......"Gus.....Neil wants too talk to you.....Bob wants to *sit* on you........":surprised:

Now wheres the Maine, Missile, Math and, Marshmallow roasters at? Someones going too have to re-establish equilibrium.....:p

View attachment 141579View attachment 141580

Were back......:D With my limited computer skills....here is the final design that will be printed on BOTH the short and, long sleeve shirts.
At this time i would humbly ask that everyone please review their name, nickname, size, shirt choice below too avoid any discrepancies.

1. Rich "Eagle Eyes" Cash...(1)XL-Short.
2. "Don" Claude Paquin "The Connection"...(2)XL-Short. (Changed too this on the shirt, but..not in the proof. )
3. Dennis "Graveyard" Watkins...(1)XL-Short...(1)XL-Long.
4. Grace "The Swaddler" Merrell...(1)M-Short...(1)3XL-Short
5. Preston "Da Fuzz" Nobile...(1)M-Short.
6. John "The Screws" Clifton...(1)2XL-Short.
7. Sam "The Specter" Midkiff...(1)XL-Short...(1)XL-Long.
8. Ben "Double Trouble" Walbaum...(1)L-Short.
9. Tim "Big Bucks" Dixon...(2)XL-Short.
10. Jason "The Hot Tub" Griffin...(1)2XL-Short...(1)2XL-Long.
11. Jim "The Underboss" Scarpine...(3)XL-Short.
12. Adrian "The Mechanic" Butler...(1)2XL-Short...(1)2XL-Long.
13. Tim "Chi-Town Hustler" Lehr...(1)XL-Short...(1)XL-Long.
14. Justin "The Eyes" Farrand...(1)M-Short...(2)L-Short.
15. Jackie "Trophy Wife" Lehr...
16. Steve "Lumberjack" Pauling...(2)2XL-Short.
17. Manny "Meatball" Ballestero...(1)M-Short.
18. David "That Damn Kid" Reese...(1)M-Short.
19. Darryl "The Sinister" Hankes...(2)XL-Short.
20. Mike "Big Daddy" Gross...(1)3XL-Short.
21. Jenny "Tigress" Gross...(1)XL-Long.
22. Brandon "Birthday Boy" Gross...(1)XL-Short.
23. Roger "The Thunder" Jezler...(1)XL-Short...(1)XL-Long.
24. Vic "The Black Brant" Barlow...(1)2XL-Short...(1)L-Short.
25. Sather "The Poet" Ranum...(3)L-Short.
26. Jackson "Mach Madness" Lubin...(1)L-Short.
27. Judy "The Mentor" Lubin...(1)M-Short.
28. Mike "Uncle Rumple" Baron...(1)2XL-Short...(1)L-Short.
29. "Crazy Jim" Hendricksen...(2)XL-Short.
30. Chuck "Speedy" Haskin...(1)L-Short.
31. Eric "Sconnie" Cayemberg...(1)L-Short.
32. Kevin "Trash Bag" Trojanowski...(1)XL-Short.
33. Chuck "Frontpage" Swindler...(1)XL-Short...(1)2XL-Short.
34. Mike "Grimracer" Zabrowski...(1)XL-Short.
35. Gustav "The Firestarter" Piepenburg...(2)XL-Short.

IF....IF.....I have missed anything.....Need the "Da" or "The" taken off or changed...or added.....Let me know.
Want too add some more shirts too your order? Think it over...
Right now were at 57 Shirts and, i couldn't be happier!
Remember too if you bought a shirt at Thunderstruck 4 or MWP10 last year.....then you looking at the SAME shirts in sizing....so let me know if you need a size correction.

Being the straight forward person i am....;) Once again money is not requested or needed UNTIL MWP11 in Princeton.....I'm making a slight profit on the Short Sleeves and, losing slightly on the Longs at a preset price of $20 each....

The profits from the sales go to fund the.....

1. The Grace Merrell Big Honk'n *G* Motor, Night Launch Fund...:D (C.T.I. When you only care too fly the VERY best!;))
2. A Wendy's Triple with CHEESE! Everything on it....Biggie Fries...and, a LARGE Chocolate Frosty......I LIKE CHOCOLATE FROSTY'S! Woo Hoo!:p
3. My costs for diesel fuel up and, back.

Selfish me.....;)

Thanks again everyone!

Last edited:
Here's a little bit better picture; the limitations are within the preview software the shirt company provides.

mafia.PNG

-Kevin

I want it all... I want it now....

"Twisted Sister"!

What do you want to do with your LIFE..

I WANT TO ............

SMR said:
3 x Large, short sleeve.

Sather

Great looking T-shirts, Gus. I didn't notice this earlier, but my shorthand created, as the FAA would say, an "unresolved ambiguity". I wrote "3 x Large" meaning "3 times Large, as in 3 of them, all Large". (math symbology.) It may appear to also say 3 X Large, which would mean 3 extra large, which most rocketeers would generally be. (abbreviated English symbology.) If not too late, please change that in the order. It should be 3 Large shirts, all short sleeve. Thanks, and sorry for the confusion and added work. Sather

Last edited:
Great looking T-shirts, Gus. I didn't notice this earlier, but my shorthand created, as the FAA would say, an "unresolved ambiguity". I wrote "3 x Large" meaning "3 times Large, as in 3 of them, all Large". (math symbology.) It may appear to also say 3 X Large, which would mean 3 extra large, which most rocketeers would generally be. (abbreviated English symbology.) If not too late, please change that in the order. It should be 3 Large shirts, all short sleeve. Thanks, and sorry for the confusion and added work. Sather

No problem Sather!:D Changed in Post#70 and, in the Ledger.....That's why i like too do this.....just in case something isn't right.:D

Not sure what to think about my daughter being in a "mafia."

I guess it's ok since there's adult supervision.... There IS adult supervision isn't there?...

Not sure what to think about my daughter being in a "mafia."

I guess it's ok since there's adult supervision.... There IS adult supervision isn't there?...

Come on now!! This is the rocketry community there are only children of varying sizes and ages here.:eyeroll:

Dennis

View attachment 141579View attachment 141580

Were back......:D With my limited computer skills....here is the final design that will be printed on BOTH the short and, long sleeve shirts.
At this time i would humbly ask that everyone please review their name, nickname, size, shirt choice below too avoid any discrepancies.

1. Rich "Eagle Eyes" Cash...(1)XL-Short.
2. "Don" Claude Paquin "The Connection"...(2)XL-Short. (Changed too this on the shirt, but..not in the proof. )
3. Dennis "Graveyard" Watkins...(1)XL-Short...(1)XL-Long.
4. Grace "The Swaddler" Merrell...(1)M-Short...(1)3XL-Short
5. Preston "Da Fuzz" Nobile...(1)M-Short.
6. John "The Screws" Clifton...(1)2XL-Short.
7. Sam "The Specter" Midkiff...(1)XL-Short...(1)XL-Long.
8. Ben "Double Trouble" Walbaum...(1)L-Short.
9. Tim "Big Bucks" Dixon...(2)XL-Short.
10. Jason "The Hot Tub" Griffin...(1)2XL-Short...(1)2XL-Long.
11. Jim "The Underboss" Scarpine...(3)XL-Short.
12. Adrian "The Mechanic" Butler...(1)2XL-Short...(1)2XL-Long.
13. Tim "Chi-Town Hustler" Lehr...(1)XL-Short...(1)XL-Long.
14. Justin "The Eyes" Farrand...(1)M-Short...(2)L-Short.
15. Jackie "Trophy Wife" Lehr...
16. Steve "Lumberjack" Pauling...(2)2XL-Short.
17. Manny "Meatball" Ballestero...(1)M-Short.
18. David "That Damn Kid" Reese...(1)M-Short.
19. Darryl "The Sinister" Hankes...(2)XL-Short.
20. Mike "Big Daddy" Gross...(1)3XL-Short.
21. Jenny "Tigress" Gross...(1)XL-Long.
22. Brandon "Birthday Boy" Gross...(1)XL-Short.
23. Roger "The Thunder" Jezler...(1)XL-Short...(1)XL-Long.
24. Vic "The Black Brant" Barlow...(1)2XL-Short...(1)L-Short.
25. Sather "The Poet" Ranum...(3)L-Short.
26. Jackson "Mach Madness" Lubin...(1)L-Short.
27. Judy "The Mentor" Lubin...(1)M-Short.
28. Mike "Uncle Rumple" Baron...(1)2XL-Short...(1)L-Short.
29. "Crazy Jim" Hendricksen...(2)XL-Short.
30. Chuck "Speedy" Haskin...(1)L-Short.
31. Eric "Sconnie" Cayemberg...(1)L-Short.
32. Kevin "Trash Bag" Trojanowski...(1)XL-Short.
33. Chuck "Frontpage" Swindler...(1)XL-Short...(1)2XL-Short.
34. Mike "Grimracer" Zabrowski...(1)XL-Short.
35. Gustav "The Firestarter" Piepenburg...(2)XL-Short.

IF....IF.....I have missed anything.....Need the "Da" or "The" taken off or changed...or added.....Let me know.
Want too add some more shirts too your order? Think it over...
Right now were at 57 Shirts and, i couldn't be happier!
Remember too if you bought a shirt at Thunderstruck 4 or MWP10 last year.....then you looking at the SAME shirts in sizing....so let me know if you need a size correction.

Being the straight forward person i am....;) Once again money is not requested or needed UNTIL MWP11 in Princeton.....I'm making a slight profit on the Short Sleeves and, losing slightly on the Longs at a preset price of $20 each....

The profits from the sales go to fund the.....

1. The Grace Merrell Big Honk'n *G* Motor, Night Launch Fund...:D (C.T.I. When you only care too fly the VERY best!;))
2. A Wendy's Triple with CHEESE! Everything on it....Biggie Fries...and, a LARGE Chocolate Frosty......I LIKE CHOCOLATE FROSTY'S! Woo Hoo!:p
3. My costs for diesel fuel up and, back.

Selfish me.....;)

Thanks again everyone!

Its ALMOST that time.....
Time too place the order on Sunday evening.....

I want EVERYONE to review their QUANITY/SIZES/NAME One last time.

John Clifton has been changed to "Screws" on the master.....If you want to remove "The" from you name speak up now, please.

IF you need too back out, let me know......when the order goes in Sunday....you ARE committed by good faith too purchase.....

Once again, i appreciate all your support and, look forward to meeting and, flying with ALL of my friends at MWP11!

Plus as an added bounus.....A young lady will Thank-you (her name is Grace) for HELPING fund the "G" motor that fly's in her night rocket on Saturday night......partly due too your generous purchase of the shirt.....

I WILL make sure she Thanks you.....or her Father (VonMises) DEFINITELY will.

From me......Thank-you!:D

Its ALMOST that time.....
Time too place the order on Sunday evening.....

I want EVERYONE to review their QUANITY/SIZES/NAME One last time.

John Clifton has been changed to "Screws" on the master.....If you want to remove "The" from you name speak up now, please.

IF you need too back out, let me know......when the order goes in Sunday....you ARE committed by good faith too purchase.....

Once again, i appreciate all your support and, look forward to meeting and, flying with ALL of my friends at MWP11!

Plus as an added bounus.....A young lady will Thank-you (her name is Grace) for HELPING fund the "G" motor that fly's in her night rocket on Saturday night......partly due too your generous purchase of the shirt.....

I WILL make sure she Thanks you.....or her Father (VonMises) DEFINITELY will.

From me......Thank-you!:D

Gusto.. missed an O.. its easy to do

ZABOROWSKI

Grim

Gusto.. missed an O.. its easy to do

ZABOROWSKI

Grim

Changed in my phone and, on the "Master Ledger" *Zoro*:roll:

Also adjusted are Steve P, Tim D, and, "The Claude" too quantity (1)

Dang! That Duck Shirt is eating into my profit margin!:p

Modified Quantum Tube PML Endeavour goin' up on an L. Committing to an XL Long Sleeve is the least can I do.

I popped this pic of our leader.. Gustav "The Firestarter" Piepenburg.. on I-74 today.. "Cool morning buddy?

Looks like the "Family" needs to setup up and buy you a new windscreen or at least some RainX..

Looks like all those shirts are costing him plenty!...

For petes sake.. ya might as well be a "homeless truck driver" with that POS..lol

Grim

1234392_10151918799893767_4726159_n.jpg

Back