Midwest Power 11 Chicago Rocket Mafia T-Shirts.......

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last time we only had about 17 names.....this time a few more....
I can work wonders with Fonts and, sizing too make it fit.
Don't sit on the fence too long if you really want to be on the shirt!
What started as a harmless joke, idea thought lame by a few.... Turned into a small frenzy last time.
It became.... "Dude" where can I get one of those?
Why's my name NOT on there?
What do mean you sold out?
Let me know when you do this again!

Part of Rocketry is the fun we have both on and off the field....

So we're doing it again....

Gus, any chance of posting a larger picture, mine eyes cant make out none of the text....please.......

I should be in the club sometime , maybe when I do a upscale of the upscale hi flyer ( maybe 12x) next time haha I know the wild child mason will be see you guys at mwp counting the days

Gus, any chance of posting a larger picture, mine eyes cant make out none of the text....please.......

Jim PM me, your email address and, I will have Custom Ink send you the current proof. I know the current image does not allow much detail.

Gus, you cant have a Mafia shirt with out Crazy Jim Hendrickson!! If you have room add his name, I wil pay for it!!

Ok....we've had some changes to the board since last night.....

I would like to announce that Brandon "007" Gross is NOW to be known as...Brandon "Birthday Boy" Gross.
The "The" left out for space constraints.
I :rolleyes: still think that maybe "The Father" should change his name to...Mike "Big Daddy" Gross.:rolleyes:

I would like to announce that Sather Ranum has thrown his hat in with a request for (3)XL-Shorts but, can't come up with a name for now...
Have you ever thought about "V-Max":confused: Cause that's all you fly dude...:p

Mike? (Halcro1) Your confusing me...I have you down for (1) L-Short and, (1) 2XL-Short.
Do you want a name besides Mike "Halcro1"....... on it? You still have time my friend to come up with an awesome nickname...

Adrian? There has been some talk about your appointment and, while the board feels that you deserve a chance...YOU have to promise too take off the
"vest thing" (and, we REALLY do appreciate the hard work you put in running the show.) Take a motor....at least once that weekend...screw it into a rocket and, make that thing go...
*Off like a Prom Dress......*
There is a reason why the fields around Malta Illinois are so fertile...."There are lots of holes that have been dug in those fields...." Capire...:confused:

I want Napalm and, i want it NOW!
There are THREE people who have not contacted me yet and, i want too have them on the shirt...
1. Chuck "Speedy" Haskin.
2. Chuck "Frontpage" Swindler..
3. "Crazy Jim" Hendrickson...

Once again.....I WANT NAPALM and, I WANT IT NOW!
Somebody wake these guys up.:eek:

Victor Barlow's in!:D He requested...Vic "Black Brandt" Barlow...Down for (1) 2XL-Short and, (1) L-Short. (I STILL think it should be Vic "Bucky" Barlow...):lol:

Darryl!!! My old friend...;) Darryl came up with a neat little idea.
"Gus, could you do this in a front pocket T for all of us smokers....?"

NO:no:

You, Tim, Jim, Jackie and, I are the ONLY smokers in the batch.....Putting the design on this type of T-Shirt cuts into my profit margin.....
Let me explain. I make a small amount on the Short Sleeve shirts and, lose a little on the Long Sleeves...
Now, i'm NOT trying to make this a serious business situation...ripping off my friends for pure greed. Just trying to make a FUN and, ENJOYABLE spoof of the small group that we are. Sometimes it's not about the money.
Sure, i may have enough afterward to buy an "H" motor...NOT an "M" motor.:blush:

Darryl...:confused:

If your at a rocket launch and, your not wearing a shirt with a pocket to stuff your *smokage* in...Here's what you do. You go to your nearest Walmart and, buy a pack of socks....Preferably the ones that go up too your knees and, have the BIG wide stripes!
Now you put on said socks and, of course shoes...
Roll up your pant leg and, stuff your Pack between the sock and, lower leg.
Don't forget to roll your pant leg down.
NOW...You look like your "Pack'n" something in your lower leg...

Watch out! Darryl's "PACK'N":surprised:

Now, you KNOW i respect my Kentucky/ Kentuckyiana brothers but.....but.....In SOME state(s) directly south and/or slightly southwest of the great State of Ken-Tuck-Y.
They DON'T sell socks and, underwear in their Walmarts.:eek:

If in the case that you may be :rolleyes: "Freeb*lling" and, running barefoot...This is what you do.:rolleyes:

You drop your drawers down a notch....and, slip that pack slightly down your backside....being VERY careful NOT to sit on your "Pack" up your......:surprised:

Gus said what?:eek:

:D He didn't say a thing....he wrote it...

I spit my coffee all over my computer screen!:D

:D I choked on a donut!

I had too change out my *Underoo's*:D

"ANY MEMBER OF THE CHICAGO ROCKET MAFIA FOUND TOO BE RUNNING AROUND WITH BUTT CRACK... TOBACCO PACK... CRUSH.....*stainage*. Will be duly removed and, all dues forfeited....

Now for something to make you all laugh.....

Rocketry affects people in all different ways.....

Here is a picture taken by the esteemed David Reese of *Me*(on the left) and, Vic "Bucky" Barlow....Several years ago.

As you can see by the photo "Bucky" (Big jacket-clip on mittens and, all....) was having a rather *fun* day in the snow.

Afterwards, we did take him out too "Meet the Team!" and, he really liked the BIG cup of Hot Chocolate with BIG FLUFFY POO marshmallows in it!:wave:

It was a fun day for all of us! (photo removed by that frying pan guy)

Gus

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr. Ranum's name is obvious... Sather "Jayhawk" Ranum.

And how about Alex "The Geek" Zoghlin?

I would like to announce that Sather Ranum has thrown his hat in with a request for (3)XL-Shorts but, can't come up with a name for now...
Have you ever thought about "V-Max":confused: Cause that's all you fly dude...:p

Gus

May I suggest Sather "Two Fin" Ranum... cuz when he sees something;

ANYTHING

EVERYTHING

He just wants to put two big fins on it, shove a V-max in the bottom, and push the button. (Which is actually completely untrue, since he puts a ton of thought into everything he builds... but it does always end up something with 2 big fins, and a V-max :wink:)

Running behind getting ready for work tonight......

1. Mike, i have made the change in the Ledger book, change on shirt for tomorrow....Thanks!
2. Judy and, Jackson have jumped in! (1) M-Short and, (1) Large-Short....awaiting names, Thanks for the support you two!
3. We have a new one! Mike "Uncle Rumple" Baron.....Still down for (1) L-Short and (1) 2XL.....in ledger on shirt tomorrow....Thanks Mike!

Have had a talk with Kevin.....Apologized for my insubordination.....This is a clean forum.....i will watch my etiquette a little closer.:)

Thanks again EVERYONE for your support!:wave:

Folks.....After doing some quick crunching on the shirt. I have too say we are close to physical limits.

Jackson and, Judy ARE in, just awaiting nicknames....(make em good!)
Sather is in, awaiting nickname....

That leaves THREE more....

Do not sit on the fence on this. Sorry to say but, i want to produce a quality product here.....

I can be reached.

Thank-you, Gus.

Last edited:
Ok....we've had some changes to the board since last night.....

Adrian? There has been some talk about your appointment and, while the board feels that you deserve a chance...YOU have to promise too take off the
"vest thing" (and, we REALLY do appreciate the hard work you put in running the show.) Take a motor....at least once that weekend...screw it into a rocket and, make that thing go...
*Off like a Prom Dress......*
There is a reason why the fields around Malta Illinois are so fertile...."There are lots of holes that have been dug in those fields...." Capire...:confused:

I want Napalm and, i want it NOW!
Gus

But... But... But... I flew lots of rockets at MWP. A whole bunch, they weren't mine, but I pushed the button on them...OK... OK... I'm goin to Tim's tomorrow for a little help on my L3 Mad Max. I'm gonna try to get it ready for MWP this year.

Adrian

I be here.

Put down "Crazy Jim HendricksEn for:

1 XXL long sleeve that correct XXl on the long so it can go over stuff in the winter.
2 XL short sleeve

In the interest of saving space....I don't care if you just use "Crazy Jim" and drop the Hendricksen. BUT if ya do use it.....It's HendricksEn.......... NOT HendricksOn.

By the way if your getting too many names for the shirt, let me know, my friend Tommy Gun holds 50 rounds. More than enough to double tap any annoying pests and make room for the ''usual suspects" to have larger print on their names!

PS:

I think "Jackie Wildwoman Lehr" is more ominous than MRS. Wildman......puuuuuh.

Even better is Jackie "High Octane" Lehr regarding her heavy foot and nimble handling skills behind the wheel of "HER" red Chevy C......

What say you Jackie?

Last edited:
Hello would I be able to join your club ? Fly nothing as big as you guys . Still the small guy hahaha

There are THREE people who have not contacted me yet and, i want too have them on the shirt...
1. Chuck "Speedy" Haskin.
2. Chuck "Frontpage" Swindler..
3. "Crazy Jim" Hendrickson...

Gus, I know we spoke on the phone tonight, but this makes it official; put me down for a L-short.

Thanks,

Speedy

Why? If you wear the shirt you would just complain that nobody was commenting on it :rolleyes:

Behave Chuck......;)

Folks at this time the shirt is "locked up" name wise.....we have officially run out of space.

If i would have thought that in less than three days we could fill a shirt out....considering when we did this last two years ago with a few names and, most people thinking it was a stupid joke....

You get the idea.

Checking in last night too round out the order are.

1. Chuck "Speedy" Haskin (1)L-Short.
2. "Crazy Jim" Hendricksen (2)XL-Short...(1)2XL-Long.
3. Eric "Sconnie" Cayemberg (1)L-Short.
4. Kevin "Trash Bag" Trojanowski (1)XL-Short.

and......

5. Chuck "FRONTPAGE" Swindler! (1)XL-Short? (1)2XL-Short?

The Process...

By Sunday night i plan too have a master list posted here that runs down everyones...

1. Name.
2. Nickname.
3. Size.
4. Quanity.

I would appreciate everyone stopping in and, double checking their information too correct ANY errors made by me or them.

Payment...

Payment is due at MWP11 held at Princeton Illinois from Nov 1st-3rd....NO PRIOR payment is due (and, i do appreciate the offers to do that everyone!)
Just remember when the order goes in you are committed to your count.

Pickup...

I will be at MWP11 all three days....wander down to my "encampment" too pick up your order.

Changes...

If you feel there is an error in anyway in your setup PLEASE contact me BEFORE the last week in Sept.....as on that Sunday evening i will place the order.
Once that is done there is no turning back. I should have everything two weeks latter and, i will as usual give them all a "light" cool water wash, inside out, and, light dry.....Like before they will be bagged with your name and, tally and, stuffed in a BIG OLE BOX for transport.

Information STILL needed....

Some of you still are working on nicknames....May "I" suggest some for you? GOOD!:D

1. Jackson "Mello-Yello" Lubin?
2. Judy "Lil' Momma" Lubin?
3. Sather "Jayhawk" Ranum?
4. Jackie "Trophy Wife" Lehr (She's STILL NOT sure about "Mrs. Wildman"....)

One of you has not provided a count or sizing.....

1. Grace "The Swaddler" Merrell:rolleyes:

Once again THANK-YOU everyone and, yes i do appreciate the offer too pay ahead but, it will not be required.....I want to wait on the order slightly (Sorry, will not be available at Airfest.) just in case i do have someone drop off or change the count.

Product Preview...

After Sunday night i will of course have the shirt finally laid out on Custom Inks website and, i can email it too anyone who wants to see the product review close up.....and, alot better than the thumbnails previously posted.:D

We will stay in touch and, talk to you all soon!

Now could someone please pull Swindler out of his "Man-cave" and, tell him he owes me $40 at MWP? The shirt WOULDN'T be complete without "Frontpage."

Last edited:
4. Jackie "Trophy Wife" Lehr (She's STILL NOT sure about "Mrs. Wildman"....)

If Jackie has to be "Mrs Wildman", then Tim has to be "Mr Wildwoman"!

After all, it's only fair.... :D

-Kevin (who's quite sure his next order will require extra assembly)

Judy “The Mentor” Lubin

Jackson “Mach Madness” Lubin

Awesome!:D Can't do the shirt without the "Action Jackson's!"
In the Ledger and, STILL awaiting word from Sather......
Really looking forward to putting this all down on the computer......Just need to find.....Sather...
I mean i know he's around here somewhere.....:surprised:

Now where could he be:confused:

Sather has been found!:wave:

He has a deep and, well meant name chosen for his nickname......:D

Ladies and, Gentleman....From now on brother Sather will known as......:D

Sather "The Poet" Ranum.

Welcome to the club!;)

Latest posts

Back