Middle Rocket Presentation

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bandman444

Reaction score
I am in charge of doing a rocketry training at a middle "Science Night"

It should last between 40-45minutes.

The other presenters are mostly parents, or local science company employee. I will be the youngest presenter so I really want to make a good impression. I would like to supplement the presentation with a powerpoint presentation. I searched the forum and was unable to find a powerpoint file.

So I thought that before I dive in making a halfway powerpoint if you have one that would be appropriate, and you would let me use, that would be great.

Thank you in advance

Bryce

what is the topic of your presentation/Science Night? I ask this because it will help us help you as to what should go into the powerpoint.

Good Luck with the presentation!

Matt

Its up to me, but should touch on all the main topics of amateur rocketry.

LPR MPR HPR
NAR TRA
CG CP
Motor designation (naming)

thanks

Its up to me, but should touch on all the main topics of amateur rocketry.

LPR MPR HPR
NAR TRA
CG CP
Motor designation (naming)

thanks

I might be able to help you with that one. I've got a lot of homework, but if I finish it I can see what I can do.

Braden

I would start with the basics (LPR, MPR...) as you mentioned maybe the anatomy of a model rocket i.e nose cone, parachute etc. The engine and igniting processes are always a good one. Parts of a model rocket engine: nozzle, propellant, delay, etc. Maybe you can touch on the aerodynamics a little bit, CP and CG. You can definitely get into the names of motors and the letters and numbers that go into the naming process. Definitely talk about NAR, TRA and other organizations and clubs that hold launches and what not, probably towards the end though because if you leave them with information at the end they are more likely to look it up when they get home rather than forgetting it if you mention that stuff in the beginning.

Note: Rocketry is a very detail oriented hobby as we all know and im sure we could go on for days talking about all we know about the hobby. So, you want to assume that the majority of people in the room do not know the hobby as in depth as you do so when you are presenting you want to just scratch the surface of what rocketry is. And of course if there are questions about a specific point of your presentation feel free to go into more depth.

Now to end my rambling I leave you with this. Having done a few presentations (as well as taught a class) on rocketry, I found it most helpful to write down the main points that you want your audience to take out of your presentation then build your presentation around that and you will find that your presentation time is gone before you know it.

Best of luck, hope this helps

Matt

PM Me with your e-mail and I will send you some of the stuff I used with the Middle School Rocket Club I worked wit for 2 years.

Might help you out with the power point.

Back