Madcow?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aw, man, what a bummer. I came here to read more about the fine-looking Avalanche - and here is Andrew_ASC "Again Spouting Crud". Almost two pages wasted. Grouch, to me, is more Curmudgeon than Grouch... a kind man tired of nonsense.

Has anyone taken delivery of an Avalanche? Do we know the dry weight of the kit? No RS or OR files to be found - Madcow say it flies on G -> J, which might meet my (silly) two-club goal of flying light at SARG and flying high at LUNAR. Does anyone know if the NC 4:1 or 5:1? Very clean, balanced looking rocket.

(The city of Davis, CA, built a Toad Tunnel over I-80. Frogs are allowed as well. Both are able to safely accomplish the dramatic freeway crossing at Pole Line Road.)

I've got an Avalanche... haven't opened it yet, but it'll be on the build pile for the summer. Too many other builds going on right now, hoping to finish up two new ones for LUNAR the weekend, then I've got some big advanced L2-level kits to put together that will take some time. Looking at the kit though, it may be VERY close to the 53Oz w/ motor non-waivered limit.

You read my mind, SK. Maybe I'll buy *two* kits, OMG. That would make Eric smile.

So I opened it. :) It's ~40 Oz or so just with raw materials. So figure a few Oz of epoxy, a few more for shock cord retention/parachute and some hardware. It'll be VERY close to 53 Oz. You don't need to paint it so that's a good thing. But it's going to be VERY close.

5:1 nose cone.

You may want to look at the BAR-None rocket from Bay Area Rocketry, with the plastic nose cone, I'll bet it'll be similar to the Avalanche, but come in 5-6 Oz lighter. (thin walled, no FG nose). No paint needed there either. Cheaper too with the plastic nose. I ordered one of these as well. They ship end of April.

You may want to look at the BAR-None rocket from Bay Area Rocketry...

Thanks - I didn't realize Mike sold his own kits. Did you see the notice? He won't be at Snow Ranch this Saturday... pre-order and your goods will "be on the check-in table."

I've got an Avalanche... haven't opened it yet, but it'll be on the build pile for the summer. Too many other builds going on right now, hoping to finish up two new ones for LUNAR the weekend, then I've got some big advanced L2-level kits to put together that will take some time. Looking at the kit though, it may be VERY close to the 53Oz w/ motor non-waivered limit.
My kit is way over that limit. I'll post the numbers in the Avalanche thread.

For $99, it’s a great deal. And considering the price with a limited run, he still has them in stock.

Nothing will make me smile.... Except for rockets, my wife, my boys, beer, rockets, a nice paycheck and a JLCR.
So almost nothing... Lol..
My Avalanche will arrive tomorrow. Shipping it back east slowed it down. Not sure that one will stay under 53oz. But I hope the BAR-none will.

Oh... and how dare you talk about the Avalanche rocket another thread. Who cares that it's a Madcow kit... Lol

Oh... and how dare you talk about the Avalanche rocket another thread.

Hehe. Avoiding Social Confrontation, perhaps? :) Specs and a meticulous Rocksim file count, too.

So who's going to do my L1 with you in STL?

Back