• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Lot For Sale $6800 firm

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
muppets kermit GIF

Kind of miss the Lot but it’s time to move on. I have a really large collection of model muscle car kits and semi truck kits and going to start building them soon. At least I don’t have to wait for a good day to build them or worry about the wind or a CATO. It was all a dream that never got off the ground. I do enjoy building model kits and like I did with the rockets but at the comfort of being inside. A lot of cool rocket kits now gone for ever but a lot of cool model kits to look forward to. I will stop in here day by day to still see what’s new but I am now a X-Rocketeer. Good luck to everyone in this hobby and just have fun!

That’s how I look at it. The amount of kits I had I would have never been able to build them in this life time. It would of been a full time job and now that takes the fun out of the hobby. It’s in the hands of others that will enjoy them and fly them as they were intended. As a lot of people in here know my cat died last June. I considered her my best friend and little partner in life. We had a bond like none other. When I tried to get back into building my rockets again I couldn’t. She wasn’t by my side anymore watching me or hanging out with me while building them. It tore at my heart. I still miss her a lot but trying to build the rockets without her wasn’t going to happen anymore. Good memories but not without a heavy heart. Turning over a new leaf now.

If the buyer of this lot is interested in splitting it, I am still interested in a number of the Estes kits, esp. PSII. Please PM me if interested.

That’s how I look at it. The amount of kits I had I would have never been able to build them in this life time. It would of been a full time job and now that takes the fun out of the hobby. It’s in the hands of others that will enjoy them and fly them as they were intended. As a lot of people in here know my cat died last June. I considered her my best friend and little partner in life. We had a bond like none other. When I tried to get back into building my rockets again I couldn’t. She wasn’t by my side anymore watching me or hanging out with me while building them. It tore at my heart. I still miss her a lot but trying to build the rockets without her wasn’t going to happen anymore. Good memories but not without a heavy heart. Turning over a new leaf now.
Always hard to lose a pet, been there done that more times than I would like. You do not have a new kitty yet? There is one out there that would just love to be with you!!

I think about Mia every day and June 16th will be one year she has been gone. It’s so dam hard trying to move on without her being in my life for 18 years. I know she could have lived and the vet made a mistake but that’s another story. The rocket Lot is gone but the memories stay. The room I was building them in has taken on a transformation and the model kits have been moved to another room. My build desk will remain in the what was the rocket room.

Since Mia’s death it’s been hard to build anything in that room. There are things I refuse to move knowing she was looking at the room through her eyes her last morning she was in there on June 15th. For quite a few months I tried twice to sit down in there to pick up where I left off on a rocket that I was building. I just sat there waiting for her to come in but I knew she wouldn’t because she was gone forever. I set the rocket down and said “Nope” I can’t do this. Everything I was looking at I felt I was looking through her eyes of what she was seeing that last morning she was alive. Now that the Lot has been sold it took some of the weight off my mind but not without a heavy heart.

I took a beating on what I put into the hobby and lost a lot of money when I sold it. Like life itself there will always be losses that you can never get back. Like Mia.

I know the group will build them and enjoy them like it was intended for me. I met a lot of good people in here and I will miss the Lot but it’s time I move on to a long awaited hobby. I will miss the opportunity of never flying them but now they will be flown. Thanks to everyone in here who supported me with the death of Mia last year. Thanks for showing interest in the Lot when I posted it for sale. Thanks to the Rocketry Forum for all the good ideas people posted in here. It feels like another death for me in a way but an opportunity to try to move on. Thanks to all in here.

I think about Mia every day and June 16th will be one year she has been gone. It’s so dam hard trying to move on without her being in my life for 18 years. I know she could have lived and the vet made a mistake but that’s another story. The rocket Lot is gone but the memories stay. The room I was building them in has taken on a transformation and the model kits have been moved to another room. My build desk will remain in the what was the rocket room.

Since Mia’s death it’s been hard to build anything in that room. There are things I refuse to move knowing she was looking at the room through her eyes her last morning she was in there on June 15th. For quite a few months I tried twice to sit down in there to pick up where I left off on a rocket that I was building. I just sat there waiting for her to come in but I knew she wouldn’t because she was gone forever. I set the rocket down and said “Nope” I can’t do this. Everything I was looking at I felt I was looking through her eyes of what she was seeing that last morning she was alive. Now that the Lot has been sold it took some of the weight off my mind but not without a heavy heart.

I took a beating on what I put into the hobby and lost a lot of money when I sold it. Like life itself there will always be losses that you can never get back. Like Mia.

I know the group will build them and enjoy them like it was intended for me. I met a lot of good people in here and I will miss the Lot but it’s time I move on to a long awaited hobby. I will miss the opportunity of never flying them but now they will be flown. Thanks to everyone in here who supported me with the death of Mia last year. Thanks for showing interest in the Lot when I posted it for sale. Thanks to the Rocketry Forum for all the good ideas people posted in here. It feels like another death for me in a way but an opportunity to try to move on. Thanks to all in here.
Condolences and respect. Peace in your head, heart, and hearth. Thanks for keeping your collection in the rocket family. I am getting old enuff to look forward to my last days indoors building model kits myself. I have way too many tools and kits to give them up right now. I just hope my hands and eyes can keep up. For now, I have too many rockets, propellant to burn and skies to drill. Be well, check in on us every once in a while and post a pic of what yer working on. We appreciate craftsmanship. Take it easy and take care. Be well.

Back